Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.
He did very well at swansea as well as abroad before joining Brighton.
The 600m players were not his players and was very unbalanced - not his fault.
Brighton have continued to do well since he left but would the current Brighton manager have been able to do well if he wasn't picking up potter's team?
Kind of think you're both right.

Interesting that at Brighton his team regularly performed badly on expected goals, or in old speak, missed a shit load of chances due to shit strikers.

Then he went to Chelsea and for all the money and top players, they were relying on Sterling and Havertz as finishers.

I still think he's a good manager, but Chelsea was the wrong choice. It would be interesting if he went to Spurs - with Kane and Son, it could really suit him.

De Zerbi has improved them though, and Brighton are really well run.

Kind of think you're both right.

Interesting that at Brighton his team regularly performed badly on expected goals, or in old speak, missed a shit load of chances due to shit strikers.

Then he went to Chelsea and for all the money and top players, they were relying on Sterling and Havertz as finishers.

I still think he's a good manager, but Chelsea was the wrong choice. It would be interesting if he went to Spurs - with Kane and Son, it could really suit him.

De Zerbi has improved them though, and Brighton are really well run.

In hindsight, the ruthless culture at Chelsea was the wrong choice but honestly, looking at the results Potter managed over the last 7 months, most managers at most clubs would have been sacked. Southampton sacked Nathan Jones for a run of results that was better than Chelsea at the time of his sacking. Unless the manager has some kind of kind of bond already established with the club, they usually do not survive the kind of results Potter has produced.

If he had just slightly higher in the table, but still vastly underperforming, like say 6th or 7th I'm pretty sure he would still be in the job. But we're 11th. I don't see how anyone can defend that, despite all of the obstacles he has faced.

In hindsight, the ruthless culture at Chelsea was the wrong choice but honestly, looking at the results Potter managed over the last 7 months, most managers at most clubs would have been sacked. Southampton sacked Nathan Jones for a run of results that was better than Chelsea at the time of his sacking. Unless the manager has some kind of kind of bond already established with the club, they usually do not survive the kind of results Potter has produced.

If he had just slightly higher in the table, but still vastly underperforming, like say 6th or 7th I'm pretty sure he would still be in the job. But we're 11th. I don't see how anyone can defend that, despite all of the obstacles he has faced.

Yeah can't argue with that. I think everyone knew that the main thing holding him back at Brighton though was lack of a clinical striker, yet the one thing he never got at Chelsea was a clinical striker. Odd management, partly by him, partly by the club.

You where playing Liverpool so obviously an apology was needed afterwards as at least one of them would have been offended by something.

I would imagine all teams playing them have the statement written before the match, because it's guaranteed to keep going. Maybe they should just release it before kick-off to make a point.

Boely will probably hire both Enrique and Nagelsmann. “Luis, you coach these 40 players and Julian, you’re responsible for the other 40”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.