Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn’t one, and that’s exactly it. No point saying “despite all of the obstacles”, when those obstacles are the defining point of the season and can’t be dismissed or ignored.

No manager on earth could have polished that turd, and that he even made it appear like chocolate mousse every so often is maybe more than most could have done.

I don’t think it was too much to expect slightly better results. I’m pretty sure he would still be in the job if we were 6th or 7th which would still be massively underperforming but we would have at least won enough games to say okay fine let’s see what he can do when the squad is trimmed and he’s had a preseason. Are you saying 11th place in April is the ceiling for this team because we have a bloated squad?

I think that is oversimplifying it a little too much. You’re right that we’re only a win or two extra from being 7th but that’s crazy in itself that we’re 6 points behind 7th place at this stage of the season. We’re out of both domestics cups at the first hurdle, and we barely put up a fight in one of them.

I do feel Potter was dealt a very tough hand and I feel very sorry for him but ultimately we’re 11th in April with no real sign of any progress.

Matt Law said the decision to sack was ultimately made by the two sporting directors, one of whom is Paul Winstanley who followed Potter from Brighton to Chelsea. They made the recommendation to the owners who acted on that recommendation.

I hope they don’t rush the process this time. The last time Potter was hired 24 hours after Tuchel was sacked and it just Boehly and Eghbali making that decision. This time they put people in place to navigate the hiring process so hopefully it yields a better outcome this time .

Yes, you may be right. You are closer to it than I am. As you have probably guessed, I just think Boehly is a turd, and he doesn't get enough of the blame. But what the heck, it's not my problem, I just hope he crashes and burns. Nothing personal with Chelsea per se, but collateral damage I suppose if I am lucky.

Doesn’t mean he can’t when the time comes. Pep is going nowhere, thank fxck. We have plenty more of this journey together, both parties on Cloud 9.

Which means in the mean time, any potential future suitors that are already around will indeed be taking other jobs, and that’s fine.
I'm not expecting him to sit around and wait for Pep to leave because hopefully that's a long way off but I feel like we might be less likely to appoint him if he's already managed a top six side in the Premier League.

I suppose that could work the other way though as you could say having Premier League experience would make him more attractive to us. The only thing is, if he goes there and is a success then he may not want to leave or manage another PL club further down the line.

Anyway like you say, Guardiola is here for at least a couple more years yet so it's not worth thinking too far ahead. I'm just glad I don't have the job of choosing his successor as Pep is a pretty impossible act to follow.

I'm not expecting him to sit around and wait for Pep to leave because hopefully that's a long way off but I feel like we might be less likely to appoint him if he's already managed a top six side in the Premier League.

I suppose that could work the other way though as you could say having Premier League experience would make him more attractive to us. The only thing is, if he goes there and is a success then he may not want to leave or manage another PL club further down the line.

Anyway like you say, Guardiola is here for at least a couple more years yet so it's not worth thinking too far ahead. I'm just glad I don't have the job of choosing his successor as Pep is a pretty impossible act to follow.
Choosing his successor is easy. Being his successor is the tough one :)

Yes, you may be right. You are closer to it than I am. As you have probably guessed, I just think Boehly is a turd, and he doesn't get enough of the blame. But what the heck, it's not my problem, I just hope he crashes and burns. Nothing personal with Chelsea per se, but collateral damage I suppose if I am lucky.

I don’t have a problem with Boehly specifically but I think letting the sporting directors handle the process now is maybe him admitting he got it all kinds of wrong last time. He’s stepped back from handling transfers which is great and he’s now stepping back even more to let the sporting directors handle this process. It’s like the operations structure is almost complete and he can now let the experts do what they were hired to do.

But I will say there are quite a few Chelsea who share your feelings on Boehly.

Can you just

get them beat or take a point at the least?

It’s in our interest to take points off them too, because who the feck wants to see Arsenal fans happy, so hopefully we show up in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.