Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vialli98 , hi , after franks appointment you said all the chelsea fans were delighted, i posted loads of posts off the shed end and the vast majority (probably 90%) were not that thrilled, for some reason you didn't get back to me.

are you still happy with franks appointment, or do you see what the majority of football fans see in that your new owner doesn't have a clue and appointed frank as a way of deflecting his incompetence on the football front.

his quote only the other day when asked how chelsea would do at real madrid he said" we will win 3-0" mmmmmm

as a chelsea fan are you not slightly concerned it could go tits up in a big way and very quickly, i'm getting leeds vibes here .

I must have missed that post, my apologies.

To answer you questions, I based my view on the people I saw at the Bridge, the Chelsea fans in my life and what I saw on my timeline on twitter. I felt that was a broad enough group to ascertain that the vast majority were happy with Lampard. I do not frequent the Shed End. I think it's a piss poor forum so I can't speak to what they think over there.

It's not that I was delighted to have Lampard back because I think he's a good coach or anything but yes for me it was/is nice to have him back because he's Lampard and the season is in the mud anyway. I don't agree with your assessment of Boehly.

No not concerned at all.

Last edited:
Well, the game last night went pretty much how my family expected it to. No blue tinted glasses over the eyes of this jaded Chelsea fan.

I haven't read this thread in detail, but see that a few refer to us believing that Lamp's temporary appointment was a 'masterstroke'. I don't know a single Chelsea fan who thinks that. The reality is that we are currently in possibly the worst situation I can remember as a club - ever.

Lampard: we love him in the same way every club loves their heroes, but that doesn't mean we think he's a decent manager. He may become one with a lot more experience, but equally he may not. Either way, his current appointment to me is nothing more than a desperate reactionary move. As far as I'm concerned the problems at the club aren't going to be fixed this season, and so whether we have Lampard or Mickey Mouse at the helm for the rest of the campaign doesn't really make much difference.

If I had to sum my club up in one word right now: Chaos.

What puts you off Poch, the fact he won nothing?

Yeah but not just that. He struggled to stay in control of that PSG squad, and I know it's an absolute madhouse over there with all those superstars strutting around like they own the place but still, he looked like he was overwhelmed there. Another thing that bothers me about him is the way his team's play football. I watched a lot of PSG games. Very basic. Relies too much on individual brilliance. I think at the very least Enrique would set us up in a way that would allow us to control games and be solid defensively.

Yeah but not just that. He struggled to stay in control of that PSG squad, and I know it's an absolute madhouse over there with all those superstars strutting around like they own the place but still, he looked like he was overwhelmed there. Another thing that bothers me about him is the way his team's play football. I watched a lot of PSG games. Very basic. Relies too much on individual brilliance. I think at the very least Enrique would set us up in a way that would allow us to control games and be solid defensively.
I'm not up to date with footy news is that who you're getting?
Good move for you if so.

I'd be nervous about Enrique. Aside from his successful stint with Barca he's been pretty underwhelming.

Nagelsmann is a gamble, but one I'd take. He's a modern coach who despite his tender age has been coaching for circa 15 years.

I'm not up to date with footy news is that who you're getting?
Good move for you if so.

Not sure just yet but Enrique and Nagelsmann are the two we have been very heavily linked with. Enrique has supposedly already been in London and interviewed with Chelsea and he really wants the job. He would be my preference.

I must have missed that post, my apologies.

To answer you questions, I based my view on the people I saw at the Bridge, the Chelsea fans in my life and what I saw on my timeline on twitter. I felt that was a broad enough group to ascertain that the vast majority were happy with Lampard. I do not frequent the Shed End. I think it's a piss poor forum so I can't speak to what they think over there.

It's not that I was delighted to have Lampard back because I think he's a good coach or anything but yes for me it was/is nice to have him back because he's Lampard and the season is in the mud anyway. I don't agree with your assessment of Boehly.

No not concerned at all.
thumbs up,i know what forums are like, you only have to read the matchday thread on here to realise i shouldn't take anything off a fans forum as the truth :)

i do like frank, always have done, i wish him success with what he does, think it was an attempt by the muppet who owns you to get the fans onside though.

ps hope real madrid go through,for no other reason than playing an english club is not my idea of a european semi final.(plus we usual lose v english clubs in europe)

I'd be nervous about Enrique. Aside from his successful stint with Barca he's been pretty underwhelming.

Nagelsmann is a gamble, but one I'd take. He's a modern coach who despite his tender age has been coaching for circa 15 years.

My biggest question mark against Nagelsmann is that he would be a little like Potter. He struggled to command respect in that Bayern dressing room. He's a bit of a odd guy by all accounts. I think he tried to be pals with some of the players and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.