Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbs up,i know what forums are like, you only have to read the matchday thread on here to realise i shouldn't take anything off a fans forum as the truth :)

i do like frank, always have done, i wish him success with what he does, think it was an attempt by the muppet who owns you to get the fans onside though.

ps hope real madrid go through,for no other reason than playing an english club is not my idea of a european semi final.(plus we usual lose v english clubs in europe)

I think it absolutely was a PR move to get the fans onside. But I don't think it was a mistake because as I said, the season is in the over anyway, we had 12 rather meaningless games left, might as well get a fan favourite in to be a placeholder for a few weeks.

Next Everton, this lot.

A total mess.

People said the same in when we finished 10th in 2016. We stormed back the following season and won the title. I prefer to think of us as a wounded beast :)

We'll come roaring back when we've gotten out house in order. Hopefully we get Enrique in early well before preseason, have a clear out of all the deadwood, and come flying out of the gate next season.

My biggest question mark against Nagelsmann is that he would be a little like Potter. He struggled to command respect in that Bayern dressing room. He's a bit of a odd guy by all accounts. I think he tried to be pals with some of the players and it didn't work.
I agree. That's the part of opting for Nagelsmann that's a gamble.

However, I was onboard for the Potter experiment, knowing that it would likely take some time and some pain if it was going to come good. The problem with Potter in my estimation was that it was just too big a jump for him. I believe Nagelsmann is better equipped. That said, it's a risk as you rightly point out.

I agree. That's the part of opting for Nagelsmann that's a gamble.

However, I was onboard for the Potter experiment, knowing that it would likely take some time and some pain if it was going to come good. The problem with Potter in my estimation was that it was just too big a jump for him. I believe Nagelsmann is better equipped. That said, it's a risk as you rightly point out.

Nagelsmann might be better equipped than Potter but I think Enrique is better equipped than them both. He gives me Tuchel vibes, in that he's a strong personality, has clear ideas about how he wants his teams to play and there can be a tiny expectations that we can be improved almost straight away. With Nagelsman, I fear we would be back to 'oh he needs 8-12 months to implement his ideas' and I can guarantee you the fans will grow restless again. If the ownership can stay strong in the face of bad results and a restless fanbase who want the manager out, then yeah he could be a good appointment but my fear is he'll also be gone within 12 months.

Andy Jacobs the Presenter and Chelsea fan on TalkSPORT this afternoon described Sterling as ‘useless’. I think we may have sold him just at the right time.

Not sure just yet but Enrique and Nagelsmann are the two we have been very heavily linked with. Enrique has supposedly already been in London and interviewed with Chelsea and he really wants the job. He would be my preference.
It seems a strange decision to sack Potter if neither of your potential managers are available until the summer.
If either of Enrique or Nagglesmann are offered the job in the summer, will Bohley still be overseeing transfer dealings

It seems a strange decision to sack Potter if neither of your potential managers are available until the summer.
If either of Enrique or Nagglesmann are offered the job in the summer, will Bohley still be overseeing transfer dealings

Boehly stepped down from that role a while ago. I don't think he oversaw any of the transfers in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.