Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're twisting my words a little here.

The fact of the matter is that if Putin didn't invade Ukraine then Abramovich would likely still be our owner. Chelsea fans didn't ask for any of this. We have no say. As I said, what happened to our club as a result of Putin is going to take time to work through. Chelsea fans don't decide any of it. We just support our team, like you do.

And if Abramovich was so close to Putin in the last few years, why didn't he get a heads up about Ukraine and sell the club before he got stripped of it?
I think he was trying to, just a bit too late. Just before he was sanctioned he sold his very expensive London mansion. Look up the Chelsea statement of 2nd March 2022. Full details of his sale plan.

Last edited:
The same can be said of our beloved HRH. He sits as deputy prime minister of a govt that would stone many of our fans, including myself

In footballing terms he’s been and is a great owner, one of the best, but in all honesty I agree that there are ethical problems – this is true of the majority of club’s owners by the way.
Er, it’s a long time since people were actually stoned in AbuDhabi even though it is still part of the Sharia, which the gov cannot touch.

Yes, I'm 100% sure.

I've already explained, very very clearly to you, that I suggested to you that how such metrics are calculated probably aren't worth much consideration (at least, I don't hugely care), but that doesn't mean that they don't reflect some level of factual information.

This subject obviously resonates with you, so let's just agree that you're 100% right, I'm talking nonsense, and that your skills in winning this argument are to be hugely respected by everyone who reads this post :)
Cheers pal. I knew you'd see sense in the end.

I think he was trying to, just a bit too late. Just before he was sanctioned he sold his very expensive London mansion. Look up the Chelsea statement of 2nd March 2022. Full details of his sale plan.
A bit too late?! way too late I think.

I think that the timing of everything seems to say that Abramovich wasn't within Putin's circle of trust when things kicked off, as surely he'd have commenced a sale much sooner otherwise?

The same can be said of our beloved HRH. He sits as deputy prime minister of a govt that would stone many of our fans, including myself

In footballing terms he’s been and is a great owner, one of the best, but in all honesty I agree that there are ethical problems – this is true of the majority of club’s owners by the way.
Simplistic, lacking analysis and context - but no doubt you are pleased with the soundbite.

Fair enough. I’ve never heard of fan metrics so I wasn’t aware that was a thing. No idea how you count fans though?
If you're hired to do it by the rags, you go into the stretford end at a rag home game, ask people if they recognise the club badge and extrapolate the percentage of yes answers to cover the entire world football watching population. Then you pretend they're all on a waiting list for season tickets.

Are you sure? These are your exact quotes on the subject. In the first one, you suggested that a top manager would consider coming to Chelsea because you are one of the most popular teams internationally.

In the second one, you say it isn't worth much consideration.

A top manager is going to look at the chaos at Chelsea right now, the constant chopping and changing of managers, the lack of Champions League football, having to sell to buy to avoid FFP sanctions, the owner appearing to interfere with every aspect of the running of the team.

They are not going to look at social media clicks and think "That's why I need to go to Chelsea."

Chelsea will always attract top managers. We have been chopping and changing managers for 20 years. This isn't new. Managers still fall over themselves for a chance to manage Chelsea, unless his name is Pep.

It's obviously not Chelsea because there's something uniquely special about Chelsea that is the reason for this - it's because we are apart of a small group of a clubs at the top of European football who can offer talented players, spending money in the window and a reasonable chance to win trophies plus they get a huge pay off if it doesn't work out.

As long as that remains true, most top managers will be interested in coming to Chelsea. Nagelsmann for example, would be in high demand if he waits until the summer when the PSG and Real Madrid jobs become available, but he's currently putting a lot of effort into convincing Chelsea to pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.