Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently 4.5 billion.

But if the Rags are indeed to be sold for 7 billion in the coming months or year, then by comparison I’d put Chelsea in the state it was when Boehly bought it at 8 billion. Of course, that’s in large part because Utd are being overvalued, rather than Chelsea being undervalued, but still.

(The value of Chelsea FC will absolutely nosedive if this form carries on for three or more seasons though, and if the unlikely but still within the realms possibility they don’t survive the drop, it would be catastrophic for the value of the club, and for the club in general. Seven games to avoid that possibility…)
let me get this right,and im no fan of united but you are valuing chelsea at 1 billion pounds more than united, hahah fucking hell go and have a lie down,

what putin did too your club, you mean one of putin's gangsters, because that's what he was, bent as fuck, as for having to work through it, you've just had 1.5 billion wiped off your debt, its fucking shocking what chelsea have got away with.if beohly was your best choice,i wouldn't of like to see the rest the guy is a clown football wise
I think you're twisting my words a little here.

The fact of the matter is that if Putin didn't invade Ukraine then Abramovich would likely still be our owner. Chelsea fans didn't ask for any of this. We have no say. As I said, what happened to our club as a result of Putin is going to take time to work through. Chelsea fans don't decide any of it. We just support our team, like you do.

And if Abramovich was so close to Putin in the last few years, why didn't he get a heads up about Ukraine and sell the club before he got stripped of it?

Not at all.

Someone here posted that they couldn't see why a top manager would consider coming to Chelsea right now, and I pointed out that we remain, at this moment, one of the most popular teams internationally.

The guys who analyse fan metrics count fans. I don't :)
Fair enough. I’ve never heard of fan metrics so I wasn’t aware that was a thing. No idea how you count fans though?

Fair enough. I’ve never heard of fan metrics so I wasn’t aware that was a thing. No idea how you count fans though?
I'd probably say it isn't worth much consideration in the grand scheme. I would guess that social media hits/ follows are counted, as they are for practically everything these days.

I really doubt that watching a game on tv would count towards any of the stat gatherers' metrics.

There are lots of stats out there which you can Google and decide for yourself on whether or not they are worthy of any credibility.

My only point, which I stand by and is calculable based upon multiple metrics, is that Chelsea are one of the most popular teams internationally as of this moment.

I dare say that if we carry on in our current downward spiral and City continue on their path, then City will eclipse Chelsea in the coming years.
Eclipse Chelsea? Lolololol. WTF is this shit? City are way bigger than Chelsea, goes back years, more than 100 years. You don't know football history, kidda. I am perfectly fine with clown after clown underestimating City with their 'before the takeover' shit. I'll leave it with one sliver of football history information, selected from many, many, many others. It is not Chelsea related because I have fuck all to offer on them. Arsehole club, they can shit off.

Liverpool reached their first FA Cup Final in 1965...first ever, not won, first ever. That competition was globally the Blue Riband football event and was until The Rags started to ruin it because they wanted to play Vasco De Gama or Marco Polo or Combine Harvester Sputnik, or something. The Champions League then finished it off. By 1965, historyless ickle City had only appeared in 6 finals, the utter glory commencing in 1904 where football's first superstar wore our blue. In one campaign, which ultimately culminated in a trophy, a paltry 84,569 rocked up at the tiny Maine Road. If only we had some fucking fucking fucking history.

Crack on.

Because we're Chelsea. The only manager who turned us down due to the way the club was run was Pep. Most managers would love to a) have a club like Chelsea on their CV and b) being at Chelsea comes with being able spend in the market and you get to manage very talented players and c) if you get sacked it's rarely a bad reflection on your reputation (unless you have a truly disastrous time) because people will always look at it like 'typical Chelsea, never give managers time'.
They won’t be that easy to please and I doubt there will be much spending going on.
All the hallmarks of a falling giant. Ask any City fan, we’ve been there.
Facilis est decensus Averni.

Last edited:
I'd probably say it isn't worth much consideration in the grand scheme. I would guess that social media hits/ follows are counted, as they are for practically everything these days.
You’d say that it isn’t worth much consideration but also that managers across Europe would join Chelsea because of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.