Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit too late?! way too late I think.

I think that the timing of everything seems to say that Abramovich wasn't within Putin's circle of trust when things kicked off, as surely he'd have commenced a sale much sooner otherwise?
I think that is likely correct. He reacted to the invasion rather than pre-empted it. He was an opportunist who became rich by the Wild West methods then in force. I don’t think he was really the bad lad some have painted him.
He admitted his commercial sins in a London court and the judge commended him as an honest witness.

Last edited:
Guardiola was wanted by Chelsea earlier in his career but suggested managers require more time than they are afforded by the Blues.

'In my first year never the club doubted me,' Guardiola said. 'It was never in the media that I'd be sacked if we lose this game.'

'I was surprised that when (Antonio) Conte won the title and they lost one or two games at the beginning of the season, people start to say he was going to be sacked.'

'I said: “Wow, but two or three months ago they won the Premier League”.

'I was never a potential option for Chelsea. I decided to go to Bayern Munich and came here with Ferran (Soriano) and Txiki (Begiristain), they trust me and I trust them.'

'In the first season when it was difficult I said we needed time and they supported me. The players knew who was the manager and who would be the manager.'

'It was stable, that's the best way to do something for a long time, not just a short period.'

That's what I was thinking. My feeling is that he was lined up for City after Mancini but didn't want to come in after the 2012/3 shitshow so gave everyone 3 years to sort it out and off to Bayern he went. He wasn't learning English in America for fun. Of course, he could have been talking to Chelsea, why not? He was talking to Ferguson too, but he was only going to one club when the time was right imo.
Ferguson went to see him in NY. They had a fruitful talk and Taggart asked Pep to give him a ring when he was ready to go back into football. Pep never rang!
PS I think the sabbatical was the result of some pretty nasty stuff at Bayern directed against him. Following political stuff at Barca after they got rid of Txiki and Soriano, he needed a break. Had Barca treated him right, he might still be there.

Last edited:
I think that is likely correct. He reacted to the invasion rather than pre-emptied it. He was an opportunist who became rich by the Wild West methods then in force. I don’t think he was really the bad lad some have painted him.
He admitted his commercial sins in a London court and the judge commended him as an honest witness.
I think the UK actually missed a trick by kicking Abramovich and other Russians out wholesale. I believe there are many prominent Russians who don't agree with the Putin regime, and that by continuing to work with them a Russian resistance might have been encouraged, over time.

But then again, Johnson was never worried about world peace or making things better. He much preferred a scapegoat to try to improve his short-term ratings.

I think the UK actually missed a trick by kicking Abramovich and other Russians out wholesale. I believe there are many prominent Russians who don't agree with the Putin regime, and that by continuing to work with them a Russian resistance might have been encouraged, over time.

But then again, Johnson was never worried about world peace or making things better. He much preferred a scapegoat to try to improve his short-term ratings.

And there was me thinking the only prominent Russians against Putin were dead prominent Russians.

Er, it’s a long time since people were actually stoned in AbuDhabi even though it is still part of the Sharia, which the gov cannot touch.
They can if they choose to. Define “can’t”?

And there was me thinking the only prominent Russians against Putin were dead prominent Russians.
Not at all. Most of those with that persuasion inside of Russia are silent because it would pose that risk, but those outside of the country don’t have that risk so much, and many do speak out.

Also some within the borders are risking their lives to speak out. Such as Navalny.

Can’t as in they have opened the door to Al Qaeda style forces if they interfere with sharia.
Not with the tight grip they have in terms of military, state police, intelligence services etc.

Their prisons are not like our prisons, you really don’t wanna end up there. They also have the death penalty, and their enforcers are a lot more persuasive and effective than our’s. Just about every branch of their power is more persuasive and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.