Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you say, different tracks quite likely. I almost added to my post that this says nothing about FFP about which I know little. So I should have held my peace. Some day I may learn which of the FFP rules the club is said to have broken, perhaps when the FA Reveals All. Still, would the gain from stepping over the line of "fair play" be worth the risk of a very nasty backlash? More likely a mistake made from failure to grasp the subtleties of FFP?
Any way, as the poet said, these are, perhaps,"things we too much discuss, too much explain". (I do anyway.)

It's been a genuine pleasure to read your post sir. Thanks for replying.

First time Chelsea have lost six straight in the league since 1993, when they also lost to Arsenal for the sixth defeat.

Thing about Sterling do people really think we would have let him go if we thought he was at his best? We sold them a fading asset and got good money for him, he served us well but his best days were behind him
Totally agree. I sincerely hope we get rid of him this summer. It was a brilliant/terrible piece of business, depending which side you're on.

Appointing Lampard was crazy.
I saw a couple of the last games they had with Potter in charge (one was Villa, can't remember the other), I thought they were actually playing quite well and created plenty of chances. Just kept missing them and then conceding.

Not sure if he was the right long-term manager for them but surely giving him to the end of the season couldn't have been worse.

Thing about Sterling do people really think we would have let him go if we thought he was at his best? We sold them a fading asset and got good money for him, he served us well but his best days were behind him
Their recruitment has been woeful full stop. The new owner couldn't have made a worse start if he tried. Some of the players signed made zero sense whatsoever and sacking Potter and appointing Frank suggests he's not wising up to his previous mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.