Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about Sterling do people really think we would have let him go if we thought he was at his best? We sold them a fading asset and got good money for him, he served us well but his best days were behind him
As I said in the premier league matches thread, even considering he was declining last season, it’s still quite striking (pardon the pun) how bad Sterling has been this season.

Almost if Pep’s system, tactics, and team selections maximised his strengths, minimised his weaknesses, and generally made him a much more productive player than he otherwise would have been in an ‘average’ setup.

I wonder whose brilliant idea that was. They should just let the players manage themselves at this point.
Let's be honest at this point.
The "manager" appears to be the gentleman who bought the club/players.
Thinks it's an American Sport where he knows best. So long as it carries on past the game at our place this season I couldn't care less

I saw a couple of the last games they had with Potter in charge (one was Villa, can't remember the other), I thought they were actually playing quite well and created plenty of chances. Just kept missing them and then conceding.

Not sure if he was the right long-term manager for them but surely giving him to the end of the season couldn't have been worse.
It seemed a box ticking exercise employing Lampard. Sack Potter & appoint a club legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.