Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the premier league matches thread, even considering he was declining last season, it’s still quite striking (pardon the pun) how bad Sterling has been this season.

Almost if Pep’s system, tactics, and team selections maximised his strengths, minimised his weaknesses, and generally made him a much more productive player than he otherwise would have been in an ‘average’ setup.
Totally agree, said as much tonight watching the game.

Haha. Fair shout bro.

To be fair, the idea that Manchester City (or indeed any other super rich club) should be held up as a model for poorer clubs was pretty funny to me!

However, the lad who posted that soundbite has since clarified what he meant, and I get what he's saying.

For the record, I've said many times here that I believe Manchester City are superbly run, so it's not a sudden thing for me to state.

Anyway, I respect your post and thank you for the sentiment of it.

If by some miracle we prevent the Gooners from taking all 3 tonight, I expect virtual beers here later!
First hour was very, very bad. Last 30 minutes, half decent. Thing is, Arsenal should have had 3 more in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. You are our last home Premier League game of the season. Keep Aubamayang and Sterling in for that one, please :-)

First hour was very, very bad. Last 30 minutes, half decent. Thing is, Arsenal should have had 3 more in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. You are our last home Premier League game of the season. Keep Aubamayang and Sterling in for that one, please :-)
Lampard has clearly made us worse.

As someone said here, under Potter we at least had plenty of possession and played in our opponents half, albeit we couldn't score.

Under Lampard we struggle to pass forward or make it out of our own penalty area.

We pay circa £10m to loan Felix from Atleti, and then Frank the Plank consigns him to the bench in favour of Conor Gallagher.

Frank was a legend at our club. Sadly he's already reached the point where just having to look at his face or hear him talk a good fucking game makes me want to slap him!

It's a hard watch right now bro. Won't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.