Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows the importance of the collective. You look at the team and it is filled with good Premier league players who have shown their ability over the years. Some are past their best and others are promising youngsters but most of them could slot into most Premier League teams and do well. But together they are awful - they don't seem to know what they are doing or how they are meant to play, or how to compete as a team. And I've just seen Lampard shrug when asked what the problem is - he either doesn't know, or he is not prepared to call out individuals in public. The sad thing is that manager and players will move onto another big payday and it will all have been someone else's fault.

What a fucking mess Chelsea are in.

As much as I love Frank, it was folly of the highest order to reappoint him as head coach until the end of the season.

They would have been better served by hiring BFS.
So we have to make sure we also take 3 points against them, loosing points against such a mess would be really dissapoiting

Agreed. I feel your pain. Disastrous appointment, piled onto a disastrous season. It'll be interesting for the neutrals to watch the next batch of comings and goings as I'm sure that a lot of those young players won't want to stay, no matter how much they're being paid.

Sterling and Aubamayang looked absolutely clueless. Silva surely can't do another year, nor Azpilicueta, Kovatich. Goalie looked very dodgy again - how much was he again?

Your new owners have landed you with a real nightmare.
We need to get Pochettino in ASAP. Even if it's just him being announced and visiting the training ground with Frank taking match day duties.

Pochettino divides opinion with regards being a top manager, and for me it's not clear, but one thing I am, confident he can bring is some togetherness and fight. That would be a start.

It shows the importance of the collective. You look at the team and it is filled with good Premier league players who have shown their ability over the years. Some are past their best and others are promising youngsters but most of them could slot into most Premier League teams and do well. But together they are awful - they don't seem to know what they are doing or how they are meant to play, or how to compete as a team. And I've just seen Lampard shrug when asked what the problem is - he either doesn't know, or he is not prepared to call out individuals in public. The sad thing is that manager and players will move onto another big payday and it will all have been someone else's fault.
He doesn't know. Trust me. Clueless.

Watching Chelsea tonight
No press
Little effort
No pride
No system
No idea
There bottom of all London clubs it's been decades since they have been this bad.

..Goalie looked very dodgy again..

Whenever we concede the first thing my eldest says to me is, 'was that a decent strike or just another example of how shit Kepa is.'

The same son also said, tonight, 'how fucking embarrassing that we spend circa £600m yet still don't have a striker or a keeper worth the name.'

Yep, we've been, absolutely fucked by the UK Government. Turned us in little more than a year from one of the Prem's strongest teams into a side who would probably struggle in League 2.

Although I should say that our new owners have played a pivotal role.

Just imagine leaving the football side the fuck alone, keeping Tuchel, and just giving him money for the players he wants.

Whenever we concede the first thing my eldest says to me is, 'was that a decent strike or just another example of how shit Kepa is.'

The same son also said, tonight, 'how fucking embarrassing that we spend circa £600m yet still don't have a striker or a keeper worth the name.'

Yep, we've been, absolutely fucked by the UK Government. Turned us in little more than a year from one of the Prem's strongest teams into a side who would probably struggle in League 2.
Don’t blame the UK government; blame your previous owner, and his sycophantic love of the bastard in the Kremlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.