Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was a good manager until two things:

In the season when Leicester won the league, Spurs had to beat Chelsea to stay in the race and they were getting beat. His players started to lash out and try to maim the Chelsea players. I was surprised the game wasn't stopped as after a while it was clear what was going on. It was absolutely disgraceful.

When we played PSG in the CL and they knew they were going out, his team started to lash out at ours, trying to maim them. It's not something that happens by accident - I've not seen that from any other team other than the ones managed by him.

He's a petulant manager who will improve them, but woe betide any team that beats them when they need to win. I hope they'll have strong shin pads on.

I thought he was a good manager until two things:

In the season when Leicester won the league, Spurs had to beat Chelsea to stay in the race and they were getting beat. His players started to lash out and try to maim the Chelsea players. I was surprised the game wasn't stopped as after a while it was clear what was going on. It was absolutely disgraceful.

When we played PSG in the CL and they knew they were going out, his team started to lash out at ours, trying to maim them. It's not something that happens by accident - I've not seen that from any other team other than the ones managed by him.

He's a petulant manager who will improve them, but woe betide any team that beats them when they need to win. I hope they'll have strong shin pads on.
You're right.

The game vs Leicester was a disgrace. That idiot referee Clattenburg later admitted that the only reason he didn't hand out multiple reds to Tottenham was so he couldn't be blamed for their title failure. Jeez.

It's a concern if we go down that road in the long term. However, in the shorter term I'd be lying if I didn't say that I think we actually need to be a little tougher to play against right now.

If we were in better shape overall we'd have the luxury of considering such potential issues. But right now we're millions miles away from such luxuries. Man City we ain't.

You're right.

The game vs Leicester was a disgrace. That idiot referee Clattenburg later admitted that the only reason he didn't hand out multiple reds to Tottenham was so he couldn't be blamed for their title failure. Jeez.

It's a concern if we go down that road in the long term. However, in the shorter term I'd be lying if I didn't say that I think we actually need to be a little tougher to play against right now.

If we were in better shape overall we'd have the luxury of considering such potential issues. But right now we're millions miles away from such luxuries. Man City we ain't.
We both know there's a world of difference between what Spurs and PSG did to being tough/hard to play against. It was the fact his teams did it twice which tells me it wasn't the players losing their heads, it was him telling them to lose their heads.

I've said elsewhere I think next year will probably be the most difficult PL season of all time. City look superb, Liverpool are finding form and a team, Newcastle have done well, United will have to strengthen, Arsenal will still be decent. Chelsea have some great players but something just doesn't seem right (to me, as an outsider). I think Pochettino will get you playing decent football and I think he will get a lot more out of that squad than recent managers have but I think he's a short term solution (then again, have you ever had a long term one? :) )

By rights, a XI with Mendy, James, Thiago, Koulibaly, Chilwell, Fernandez, Kante, Kovacic, Joao Felix, Sterling and Aubameyang should be very close to the top and no where near the likes of Brentford etc.

An interesting slur.

As in Ex-Machina artifical? I hope so. If Poch turns out to be an AI robot we could be on for some great times.
No he called chelsea an artificial club which I found pathetic. But he seems to have made peace with that in terms of receiving shit loads of money.

Some decent Chelsea fans won't be over the moon with his appointment.

We both know there's a world of difference between what Spurs and PSG did to being tough/hard to play against. It was the fact his teams did it twice which tells me it wasn't the players losing their heads, it was him telling them to lose their heads.

I've said elsewhere I think next year will probably be the most difficult PL season of all time. City look superb, Liverpool are finding form and a team, Newcastle have done well, United will have to strengthen, Arsenal will still be decent. Chelsea have some great players but something just doesn't seem right (to me, as an outsider). I think Pochettino will get you playing decent football and I think he will get a lot more out of that squad than recent managers have but I think he's a short term solution (then again, have you ever had a long term one? :) )

By rights, a XI with Mendy, James, Thiago, Koulibaly, Chilwell, Fernandez, Kante, Kovacic, Joao Felix, Sterling and Aubameyang should be very close to the top and no where near the likes of Brentford etc.
So many of that sides best years are long behind them. Its awful recruitment tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.