Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought that Lewis Hall did really well for them today. Has looked a good (albeit obviously a bit raw) player every time I've seen him this season. One to keep an eye on.

They were awful today and honestly I couldn't figure out what their team was about. They seemed to have no plan, no interest and quite honestly they are in a lot of trouble. I was shocked to see some of their players just not playing for the team or manager. I honestly thought that Azpilicueta seemed to care and Hall too - the rest were not up for it.

For the money they've spent, Pochettino has got his work cut out and I'd not be surprised to see him hoofed before the end of next season. They seem to be in a slow free fall and whilst I don't rate Lampard as the manager, Lampard isn't the reason they can't buy a win and that's the same for Everton. I question his judgement in taking on truly shit jobs though. After Everton he shouldn't have gone back to Chelsea as his record is looking very, very poor now.

I think there will be a fire sale there in summer with some good footballers getting moved on to raise funds.

It's incredible to think they had Salah, Lukaku, Ake and KdB and let them go for pennies. They seem to have a good scouting network but no idea on how to build a team.

They were awful today and honestly I couldn't figure out what their team was about. They seemed to have no plan, no interest and quite honestly they are in a lot of trouble. I was shocked to see some of their players just not playing for the team or manager. I honestly thought that Azpilicueta seemed to care and Hall too - the rest were not up for it.

For the money they've spent, Pochettino has got his work cut out and I'd not be surprised to see him hoofed before the end of next season. They seem to be in a slow free fall and whilst I don't rate Lampard as the manager, Lampard isn't the reason they can't buy a win and that's the same for Everton. I question his judgement in taking on truly shit jobs though. After Everton he shouldn't have gone back to Chelsea as his record is looking very, very poor now.

I think there will be a fire sale there in summer with some good footballers getting moved on to raise funds.

It's incredible to think they had Salah, Lukaku, Ake and KdB and let them go for pennies. They seem to have a good scouting network but no idea on how to build a team.
We are in shit state right now, so most criticism of the current situation is fair, notwithstanding the mercenaries comment above is going way too far.

However, we've built a few very good teams over the last twenty years, including one that outplayed your team consecutively over a number of games in 2021, most notably in Porto.

We are in shit state right now, so most criticism of the current situation is fair, notwithstanding the mercenaries comment above is going way too far.

However, we've built a few very good teams over the last twenty years, including one that outplayed your team consecutively over a number of games in 2021, most notably in Porto.
Is outplayed a euphemism for smashing our best player in the face without so much as a yellow card when it would have resulted in criminal charges if it happened on the street? If so, I agree. You definitely outplayed us.

I don't doubt you've built good teams, but 2021 is in the past and what I saw today was no team. I couldn't see what you were trying to do and I've always felt that good teams "have a plan" and today the plan seemed to be to get on the coach, play a game and go home.

I do think you need to pick a good manager (not sure Pochettino is the answer) and I thought Potter was a good choice. Once you've got the manager, back his judgement. I know you've done well "hiring and firing" when it suits, but I do think it's been the quality of players in the past who've done that. Let's be honest, me and you could've managed Chelsea with the players they've had in recent years. However, at the moment, it seems the team needs a manager and they don't seem to have one as Lampard is out of his depth.

However, I don't see too many players that - for example - I'd take to City in that squad. I just think the next manager has a massive job on their hands.

I don't doubt you've built good teams, but 2021 is in the past and what I saw today was no team. I couldn't see what you were trying to do and I've always felt that good teams "have a plan" and today the plan seemed to be to get on the coach, play a game and go home.

I do think you need to pick a good manager (not sure Pochettino is the answer) and I thought Potter was a good choice. Once you've got the manager, back his judgement. I know you've done well "hiring and firing" when it suits, but I do think it's been the quality of players in the past who've done that. Let's be honest, me and you could've managed Chelsea with the players they've had in recent years. However, at the moment, it seems the team needs a manager and they don't seem to have one as Lampard is out of his depth.

However, I don't see too many players that - for example - I'd take to City in that squad. I just think the next manager has a massive job on their hands.
I think you make fair and reasonable points. It's pretty much as bad as I can ever remember, to be honest. Has a been a rough season.

I think there is plenty of talent in the squad, but that's going to be hard to see at this moment.

You were miles better early 000's then us, but Porto! you got a bit lucky there, Pep fked t right up. Today, you can't judge as all manager less teams are lazy and scared of getting injured b4 new broom rolls in... so i wouldn't say mercenary just pragmatic, which fks fans off as you (we) pay good money to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.