Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. We love him for his time as a player at Chelsea, and tbf to him he did a good job bringing through the youth in his first managerial stint.

But as a manager I'm extremely skeptical he has what it takes.
fair point re trf embargo...technical coaching role maybe?

Kepa

James
T. Silva
Badiashile
Chilwell

Kante
Kovacic
Fernandez

Mount
Sterling
Lukaku

Chelsea have a very good starting 11 on paper, if the right team is selected, and it's criminal that they can't buy a win. I know they can't select the above due to Lukaku being at Inter still, and injuries, but for me that would be something like their strongest side without more additions.

They have so much deadwood to get rid of this summer. Aubameyang, Ziyech, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, Koulibaly, Azpilicueta, Mendy... But put someone like Osimhen in the above starting 11, and perhaps someone creative to replace Mount, like Maddison, and they would look a strong side if Pochettino got them playing.
I think the squad has far more potential than is evident at this moment.

Absolutely shocking business this summer, they're absolutely awful and are in all sorts of trouble

£88mil on Mudryk..... even if he's better than he's shown that was always going to be an awful deal

£60mil on Cucurella....yes Brighton player of the year but the guy cost £15mil the summer before, what were they thinking

£40mil on Koulibaly....Napoli are historically awful at negotiating but they were quite accommodating, that's because this guy is past his best and they snapped Chelsea hand off

£70mil on Fofana....a good player but cmon....

They've now got a over inflated squad with loads of expensive contracts that they'll struggle to shift

All that and they don't even have someone to put the ball in the back of the net!!!

I think the squad has far more potential than is evident at this moment.

Without doubt. Stopping playing Havertz as an out and out striker at times and getting more creativity in the middle of the park will definitely help further.

That's a really good point. Me and mine have been saying for the last few years that we've got a ton of 7s, but not many 8, 9-10s (out of ten, that is).
Agreed. They all seem a bit the same to me. Lukaku just needs to be employed again with Sterling up front as he is on the books.

Agreed. They all seem a bit the same to me. Lukaku just needs to be employed again with Sterling up front as he is on the books.
Sterling has looked better last couple.

Lukaku I'm really unsure about, and not least because he was whining about preferring Inter even when he was with us. I don't think we need that.

Sterling has looked better last couple.

Lukaku I'm really unsure about, and not least because he was whining about preferring Inter even when he was with us. I don't think we need that.
Depends on whether Chelsea are prepared to loan him and write off the transfer fee.

Depends on whether Chelsea are prepared to loan him and write off the transfer fee.
I don't know what the financials look like in relation to how we deal with Lukaku, but from a purely football perspective I think we should steer clear. The guy has an ego comparable to Ronaldo!

However, we've built a few very good teams over the last twenty years, including one that outplayed your team consecutively over a number of games in 2021, most notably in Porto.
Correct, but can the new regime do the same?

Kepa

James
T. Silva
Badiashile
Chilwell

Kante
Kovacic
Fernandez

Mount
Sterling
Lukaku

Chelsea have a very good starting 11 on paper, if the right team is selected, and it's criminal that they can't buy a win. I know they can't select the above due to Lukaku being at Inter still, and injuries, but for me that would be something like their strongest side without more additions.

They have so much deadwood to get rid of this summer. Aubameyang, Ziyech, Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, Koulibaly, Azpilicueta, Mendy... But put someone like Osimhen in the above starting 11, and perhaps someone creative to replace Mount, like Maddison, and they would look a strong side if Pochettino got them playing.
That team looks bang average to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.