Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but can the new regime do the same?
That's the big question.

Our new ownership seem to have decided to cut ties with pretty much everything and everyone that have come before, and as such many of us barely recognise our club at this moment.

I think that, based upon the strategy the new owners have dictated so far, its going to continue to be a difficult road.

That team looks bang average to me.

It's a good team if the likes of Mount, Sterling and James come back into the sort of form they are capable of. And while I've never been a big fan of Lukaku, just having a proper striker up top would make a huge difference for them.

It's a good team if the likes of Mount, Sterling and James come back into the sort of form they are capable of. And while I've never been a big fan of Lukaku, just having a proper striker up top would make a huge difference for them.
Kepa-ha
Silva-passed it
Kante- passed it
Kovacic-leaving on free
That forward line is absolutely bang average.
None of them would get in City’s squad (apart from Kovacic on a free)

Kepa-ha
Silva-passed it
Kante- passed it
Kovacic-leaving on free
That forward line is absolutely bang average.
None of them would get in City’s squad (apart from Kovacic on a free)

I never compared them with us or said that any of them would. But it's not the sort of side that should be in the bottom half of the table is the point I'm making. They have plenty of good players.

Gosh. I really hope they flop out 80 million on Vlahovic. That's good business, for sure.

Just can't see how they turn things around quickly at Chelsea. Have a mishmash of a squad and require some real managerial leadership to ruthlessly trim the squad of the dead weight. None of the new signings have been consistently impressive but as a player having seen Tuchal replaced by potter replaced by lampard you must be wondering about the competency of the board and what you've got yourself into. Looked completely blunt up front and would imagine there are a few chelsea fans tearing there hair out watching Sterlings one on ones (really wanted him to do well at chelsea but looks devoid of confidence).

Can see Pochettino needing at least next season to sort the playing staff out before they seriously challenge but he does not come across as a guy who will immediately pick the mood up. Think Chelsea coped with the old managerial changes because they had some strong characters in the team but only see Silva as a proper leader.

Hopefully wrong and they can keep one of Liverpool or United out of the top 5 next year but can't see it happening.

Just can't see how they turn things around quickly at Chelsea. Have a mishmash of a squad and require some real managerial leadership to ruthlessly trim the squad of the dead weight. None of the new signings have been consistently impressive but as a player having seen Tuchal replaced by potter replaced by lampard you must be wondering about the competency of the board and what you've got yourself into. Looked completely blunt up front and would imagine there are a few chelsea fans tearing there hair out watching Sterlings one on ones (really wanted him to do well at chelsea but looks devoid of confidence).

Can see Pochettino needing at least next season to sort the playing staff out before they seriously challenge but he does not come across as a guy who will immediately pick the mood up. Think Chelsea coped with the old managerial changes because they had some strong characters in the team but only see Silva as a proper leader.

Hopefully wrong and they can keep one of Liverpool or United out of the top 5 next year but can't see it happening.
I agree - it's a big mess to sort out. It amazes me how people like Boehly can make a series of such catastrophic management decisions. From the outside it looks like he can't delegate, interferes in the coaching domain and gives the manager a huge squad which he has not selected. How do you find your best team from so many players. Few get a chance to impress or become consistent. I know he's not a football person but I'm talking about basic transferable management and executive decisions which he should be good at. How do people like that make so much money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.