Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Potter can handle the egos I believe they will take over Liverpool as the main contenders. A top level coach.

Yeah I'm going to have to pump the brakes on that one haha. We are not challenging City for anything. A lot of money spent but by going for Potter instead of Zidane or Poch, it tells me the club at least want to build something sustainable in the medium term rather than go for a big name manager and ask him to win now.

I think that Potter is a very good manager and like many have said, we won’t know if he is good enough until he gets the opportunity at a bigger club. Would he be able to adapt to a club where they are playing twice a week on a regular basis? Probably the bigger issue is the management of some high profile players with bi egos? Will be interesting to see if he is interested in this job if it is offered to him. Would be a big loss for Brighton, but no doubt a big pay day for them.

really bizarre sacking, highlighted by the fact that they got Aubameyang last week only coz of Tuchel

really bizarre sacking, highlighted by the fact that they got Aubameyang last week only coz of Tuchel

This is very very true. One of the oddest things about this was signing Auba and sacking Tuchel in the same week.

Unbelievable decision so early - they win this weekend and results go their way and they're in the top 4 and within touching distance of the top. Hope Potter doesn't get chewed and spat out by the Chelsea machine like so many others before him have done.

I sincerely believe that they will be weaker with Potter, and most other likely candidates. Tuchel actually managed to get them CL qualification with utter dross up front and ageing defenders. That's a bit like Mourinho getting second place to us with one of the most ordinary United teams I've seen in my lifetime. Club owners cannot distinguish between going through a rough patch and being in a downward spiral that will last a whole season and end in tears.
I sincerely believe it: good news for us. One ‘rival’ out of the running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.