Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a dressing room problem at Chelsea for some time. So when a relatively unknown manager takes over some established foreign ego's.. sorry, players, it sometimes doesn't work.
If he decides to take it, the worst thing that could happen is he pays more tax. Eighteen months if he's lucky or he turns into the messiah.
I don't think he'll take it but he probably will. It's the chance for him to compete on a 'level playing field' with Pep. Must be tempting.
He will be sacked before pep leaves. Wouldn’t worry -:)

Trying to think of the last English manager to do well at one of the so called top jobs.

Lampard started off ok at Chelsea but that went downhill very quickly.

Roy Hodgson at Liverpool was a total disaster.

You have to go back more than a decade to find one that did quite well in Harry Redknapp at Spurs but even he didn't win anything, just had a couple of fourth placed finishes.

To be fair Frank is the ONLY English manager to be in a position to be classed as being in a "Top job" over that 10 year period.

Potter would be absolutely bonkers to leave Brighton for Chelsea. Presumably despite there being a £12m buyout clause, Bloom will ask for £40m as he is such a great negotiator otherwise Potter will stay.

This does pose the question is Abramhovic still involved behind the scenes?

So according to Boehly, the chavs have been concerned about Tuchel for some time. It all makes sense now as I couldn't understand how he behaved toward Conté. He was acting like his career depended on winning that match.

I also noticed that over the last three matches, he's had a go at his players which is usually another sign things aren't going well. When you start claiming your players aren't trying enough & lack heart & desire, the club either has to back the manager or the players.

They've just spunked a world record £260m on players, so how much more could they back Tuchel? All things considered it's easier removing the manager of an underperforming team, than trying to revolutionise a top multi-million pound squad you've just spaffed another £¼bn on transfers in one summer?

The club also say they were concerned at the growing gap between the Chavs & the Dippers & City, & the narrowing gap with ManUre, L'Arse & Spuds. The owners also don't like the style of football which they consider too slow & boring.

The speed at which they sacked him face to face after last night's defeat & the speed they've lined up Potter, it's obvious to me now this was in the offing for some time.

As for chav fans wondering why they're going for Potter & not a higher profile manager, it's said that the manager of Boehly's LA Dodgers has been in post for 8 years, so he's not a knee-jerk owner.

You don't spend £¼bn on a team like Chelsea just to ensure a top 4 finish. You spend that kind of dough to win titles & cups. I suppose we'll see what's what soon enough. \0/

Shocking sacking. Yes things have maybe not been as smooth as the American would want but that’s life. Chelsea are competing against some very good teams and the impatience of the new owners is very naive. Managers have ups and down all the time. New players take time to adopt to the manager and vice versa.

Chavs new American wants instant success and it is not going to happen in the premier. I would not be surprised to see Chelsea owners stoke the FFP fires because they won’t be able to match Liverpool or city on the pitch over 38 games.

Now they want Potter, a manger who will need a lot of time to make the jump up in what is now expected. They should have given Tucan the same courtesy. Not a fan of this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.