Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as a disaster as losing Roman, he was Chelsea, brilliant owner.
Abramovich for all of his considerable dodgy political and business connections was still phenomenally successful with his apparently short term coach strategies.

This yank, on the other hand, is a plank and doesn't seem to have any understanding of football. Tricky times for a club that's been spunking money like it's going out of fashion. Success this season is finishing top four.

Looks like a rapid decision from outside, buy maybe some meltdown is ongoing inside. I wouldnt be worried for Poch scenario, rather about Potter, although not sure they have best players for such a system.

How is Poch a bigger name, failed twice, with much bigger clubs. And Potter is consistently playing better football than Poch ever did.
And good luck with Zidane and Simeone who think it is their moral duty to humanity not to speak English language.
He is a bigger name because he got Tottenham to the CL final, and has won the league with PSG (admittedly not difficult). He has a good reputation in England and abroad.

Potter has done very well at Brighton, ok at Swansea, and very well at an unknown side in Sweden. He has never managed world class players who come with a completely different attitude and mindset.

Potter is the one I would want to go for but I think he represents a bigger risk.

No idea what you're on about in reference to Zidane and Simeone.

New owner in change of manager "shock"!

Not surprised at all. Why the kept him through the transfer window I don't know. Their recruitment has been scattergun, with huge fees on players with question marks over their consistency/potential.

They played Spurs off the park and got done by the ref/VAR really and have never recovered. That's largely due to Kante being absent. He was sensational in that game. Tuchel has tried to use Gallagher instead but that's not worked as he's a more forward thinking player.

No real loss for the league. He's an excellent coach but insufferable to listen to and I wont miss him. Hopefully the toothy Klopp follows him shortly.

What about Maureen coming back? Prodigal son returns. Amout of attention it would bring globally, marketing dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.