Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Potter, huge talent but a huge gamble for Chelsea, he has never delt with big ego's, if he can, he could he a great choice.

You can imagine some players with plenty of medals, international experience etc., looking at Potter when things are not going well thinking, "Who are you? You managed in Scandiwegia for a while and then managed a team towards the bottom end of the PL. What have you won?"

In addition to that, he manages a team that plays like an underdog. It's very different, and more difficult, managing a team that is expected to dominate and win a game. Big gamble, like you said. I always thought that was the issue Moyes had.

It would be a big risk for Potter as the Chelsea owner lacks patience and seemingly has no strategy in terms of buying players.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure what he expected? Buy virtually a new team then throw a tantrum that they have no chemistry and results slip.

Potter would do well to seriously think about moving there. Could set him up financially but derail his career. He won't be given the time to make it work and would need an instant impact. Maybe he'll back himself to do that, but not sure I'd like to work for Yosemite Sam.

"Blue is the colour....

olegunnarsolskjaerjan21.jpg
Agent Ole did a great job for us once ... I think he`s now been rumbled.

Simeone, Zidane and Allegri's names get bandied around alot everytime a big club sacks their head coach.

Simeone is married to Atletico. Had countless opportunities to leave but didn't.
Similarly, Allegri's management history suggests he doesn't want to leave his country.
Zidane looks like he doesn't want to manage any club other than Madrid.

The options, tbh, look pretty dire for Chelsea. Bad time to sack Tuchel.

Under the Radar but Thomas Frank has done a great job at Brentford, whether they’d go for another German would be debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.