Chelsea Thread - 2023/24 | Maresca to be appointed (pg284)

Will Bayern really appoint Tent Peg? It seems odd to me.

He's worked there before and remains highly regarded by the board from what I've heard. They see the rags as a complete basket case so don't expect him to thrive in those circumstances. Could be a fair few changes this summer as I said. My list was more a bit of fun than anything else. Tuchel to the rags would be a strange one as well for me, he's not stuck it out anywhere for long and I would expect them to want someone who will do a long stint...not that any manager really gets the chance to these days.

I think that ship has sailed.

Cole won’t be coming back to Etihad, except as an opponent.

At least, until he retires.

I think you're almost certainly right. But I also don't think a talent as natural as his will stop all that long at Chelsea, unless they get their act together fairly sharpish. Not sure how long his contract runs to?
Incidentally, there's no-one in our current team I'd willingly drop to make space for Cole on a week-by-week basis, although if one or two key players like Bernardo go this summer that'll look somewhat different. And we've got players like Bobb and Rico waiting in the wings (obviously Rico plays nowhere near where Cole plays) — not sure what their ceiling is, but I believe it's a fair bit higher than what we've seen if they played as starters and got the rhythm of regular ninety-minute football under their belts.

I think you're almost certainly right. But I also don't think a talent as natural as his will stop all that long at Chelsea, unless they get their act together fairly sharpish. Not sure how long his contract runs to?
Incidentally, there's no-one in our current team I'd willingly drop to make space for Cole on a week-by-week basis, although if one or two key players like Bernardo go this summer that'll look somewhat different. And we've got players like Bobb and Rico waiting in the wings (obviously Rico plays nowhere near where Cole plays) — not sure what their ceiling is, but I believe it's a fair bit higher than what we've seen if they played as starters and got the rhythm of regular ninety-minute football under their belts.
As Pep said about Rico, all he’s lacking is experience.

Oscar is also an exciting talent, but a different type of player to Cole.

From what I’ve seen of him with Chelsea, he’s more suited to playing centrally, than out on the wing, as Pep had him, whereas Oscar looks right at home out wide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.