Chelsea Thread - 2023/24 | Maresca to be appointed (pg284)

Boehly is the sports guy. He co-owns US sport teams. Eghbali, as far as I know, is just a PE finance guy. Boehly was initially the face of the takeover but since the sporting directors were brought in, he's taken a step back from the day to day stuff, and it seems like Eghbali has taken on more of a hands on role instead. People mocked Boehly but I would 100% rather have him be the main voice in the ownership, as someone who has experience in owning sports teams, than Eghbali who, as far as I know, has 0 experience in sports in any capacity. It's all a bit messy and unclear.
Most accounts I've heard is this Eghbali is running the show. It's amazing how he continues to play blinders while Boehly shoulders all the blame and mockery. I mean of course, Boehly hired him... but still. Kinda reminds me of the Rags with Woodward.

Most accounts I've heard is this Eghbali is running the show. It's amazing how he continues to play blinders while Boehly shoulders all the blame and mockery. I mean of course, Boehly hired him... but still. Kinda reminds me of the Rags with Woodward.

Eghbali is a co-owner. Boehly didn't hire him.

The sporting directors are copping a lot of flak from Chelsea fans but no pressure at all on them from the media and rival fans probably don't even know their names.

But yeah, Boehly stepped back from day to day stuff some time last year but somehow Eghbali escapes any heat while he is most likely the one rubber stamping all the decisions people are mocking Boehly for.

The sporting directors are copping a lot of flak from Chelsea fans but no pressure at all on them from the media and rival fans probably don't even know their names.

But yeah, Boehly stepped back from day to day stuff some time last year but somehow Eghbali escapes any heat while he is most likely the one rubber stamping all the decisions people are mocking Boehly for.
I'd imagine all those suits at BlueCo are about as competent as each other!

Not sure how you cope being a Chelsea fan.

You manage to articulate what's going on at your club on these boards in a detailed and balanced manner.....but you must be a bag of nerves
behind the scenes; )

Mourinho now top candidate.

Would be well up for it and think it could work alright for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.