Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madness do these clubs never learn ???

Not the best of seasons but was it ever gonna be having to sort that shambles out ????

The signs at the end was that they could on the right road to doing something.

Sadly that Chelsea FC now a basket case club
Was crazy enough when the Russians owned them. Yanks have taken it up another level.

During Abramovich era you were out if you did not compete for the title or qualify for the CL.

In Boehly era you are out if you qualify for European competition with an ultimate hotchpotch team.

Over on tS S. Jordan is tying himself in knots trying to justify the club owners.

Both saw the error of their ways pretty quickly.
You've made your mind up on Poch and don't seem to want to give him any credit. You're now even backing Chelsea's decision to sack him amongst a thread full of comments saying what a basket case of a club they are. I'm sure at the interview process, Paris, Chelsea and his next club will consider a few more details than "he finished 3rd to Leicester and Arsenal."

He took Espanyol from the relegation zone to mid-table security. His team won at the Nou Camp for the first time in 27 years against Pep's Barcelona team.

He lead Southampton to 8th place after just 18 months in charge.

He produced a really good, young team at Tottenham that caused Pep Guardiola a lot of problems in the games we played. He did average at PSG - a club that forces players onto their managers. He walked into Chelsea and had virtually the lower tier of the Shed for a squad and by the back end of the season, had them moving in the right direction. He caused problems for Pep's City again in both league matches.

His record is a very good one but at Tottenham, he didn't guide them to the title for the first time since 1961 nor the European Cup for the first time in their history so he must be shit.

I don't follow US sport but are all owners purely in it for the investment or do you have benefactor owners over there?

As an aside what do Red Sox fans think of Henry? I understand it has been a bumpy ride recently.
I don’t really believe in the idea of a benefactor owner anywhere - I think every owner is in it for the money or for their image to some extent. That said, there are plenty of long term family owners in the US - Rooneys (Steelers), Krafts (Patriots), Jerry Jones (Cowboys) are probably the most obvious. The average tenure of a NFL coach is 3 years, which seems on par for the PL. I attached a picture from an article from 2016 that has the averaging coaching tenure for US leagues and the PL - the PL is the shortest. It doesn’t separate it by nationality of ownership, but obviously more US ownership in US sports.

As for the Sox - my husband is a season ticket holder. He’ll always think fondly of the Henrys for the World Series wins. But he does feel like they have spread their money a little thin with all their other sporting investments. Thinks the team could be better. Doesn’t sound to me wildly different than the complaints from most other fans.

Attachments

• IMG_9670.png
    IMG_9670.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 13
During Abramovich era you were out if you did not compete for the title or qualify for the CL.

In Boehly era you are out if you qualify for European competition with an ultimate hotchpotch team.

Over on tS S. Jordan is tying himself in knots trying to justify the club owners.

Boehly wanted to keep Poch according to reports. It is Eghbali that was Poch Out. Which is even worse, because it paints a picture of an ownership group completely divided on which direction they want the team to go in.

I know what your saying mate but with vinny he 100% has the personality to do it. Check the egos..
Even if you don't think he has a plan b ( which I think he would with a better squad).
I think Chelsea would be the perfect storm for him.
Trust me I don't want him anywhere near it but Chelsea could do a lot worse.
The guys a born winner, he has a philosophy of his own he just needs the squad and right players which I feel he would have at Chelsea.
With the shite season they have had with the amount of money spent the pressure would be off somewhat too.
"Do better then poch" ..
I feel he more then would.
It’s quite ironic really because just 6 games ago our season was being laughed about yet here we are by default and not design we shot up the league. It’s just shows how quickly league positions change.
i was at SB on Sunday and when you are close up you see just how poor we were being set up. Many of our wins have been due to brilliant individual performances rather than a good team showing.
We have been incredibly poorly set up at times we we weren’t able to defend a lead and his game management left an awful lot to be desired even on Sunday we rode our luck .
The story goes that the training methods weren’t adapted to factor in individual players needs and the focus was on fitness with little time applied to specific match prep.The feeling some months ago it was said that the training methods led to several of the injuries
Many , and I am in that number, Chelsea supporters questioned the appointment and the fact it was only a two year deal suggests the hierarchy weren’t convinced.

Last edited:
Boehly wanted to keep Poch according to reports. It is Eghbali that was Poch Out. Which is even worse, because it paints a picture of an ownership group completely divided on which direction they want the team to go in.

Who is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.