Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Of all the weird managerial rumours/appointments this summer, this is the most baffling by far.
Not that surprising when considering the number of barm pot decisions that Club makes. Abramovich had a formula, spend a shit load of money, win a trophy (or two), fire, hire, repeat.

This fella has his own formula, spend more than Abramovich, win fuck all, fire, hire, (not Elite Manager's) repeat.

They have got to be in some financial shit.

5 year contract for unproven Maresca. Madness. Theyll have to pay him a fortune when they sack him in November

I read somewhere that it’s actually a 2 year contract with clauses built in that triggers further years. Unsubstantiated though, as no reputable journalist have confirmed this. It would make more sense though, than handing a guaranteed 5 year deal to such an unproven coach, especially when they have no track record of showing any patience with previous coaches.

Intresting to read that our Kyle Walker thinks Reece James is the best right back in the world.Something I've being saying for a couple of years now,without much comment on here. Nice to have my opinion validated by Walker ; )

The relevant article is from " 90 mins " and Walkers analysis of other top right backs is enlightening. This is a player who clearly thinks about football deeply. I also didn't know that RJ used to play midfield...which explains his wonderful ball control,and eye for a pass....the recent Forest v Chelsea game showed this,when after coming on as a sub ,returning from injury,he reached the dead ball line,and with incredible skill and balance,produced a perfect cross, on the half volley to Jackson at the far post,who duly scored.
I did think at the time how the hell did he manage that so expertly ..?
Now I know he's really a ( two footed ) midfielder playing at right back !

Great player, one we should be after, imo.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that it’s actually a 2 year contract with clauses built in that triggers further years. Unsubstantiated though, as no reputable journalist have confirmed this. It would make more sense though, than handing a guaranteed 5 year deal to such an unproven coach, especially when they have no track record of showing any patience with previous coaches.
I heard Eghbali wanted to amortise over 8 years and Maresca negotiated down to 5…

Intresting to read that our Kyle Walker thinks Reece James is the best right back in the world.Something I've being saying for a couple of years now,without much comment on here. Nice to have my opinion validated by Walker ; )

The relevant article is from " 90 mins " and Walkers analysis of other top right backs is enlightening. This is a player who clearly thinks about football deeply. I also didn't know that RJ used to play midfield...which explains his wonderful ball control,and eye for a pass....the recent Forest v Chelsea game showed this,when after coming on as a sub ,returning from injury,he reached the dead ball line,and with incredible skill and balance,produced a perfect cross, on the half volley to Jackson at the far post,who duly scored.
I did think at the time how the hell did he manage that so expertly ..?
Now I know he's really a ( two footed ) midfielder playing at fight back !

Great player, one we should be after, imo.
I’ve heard he has the odd injury issue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.