Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Intresting to read that our Kyle Walker thinks Reece James is the best right back in the world.Something I've being saying for a couple of years now,without much comment on here. Nice to have my opinion validated by Walker ; )

The relevant article is from " 90 mins " and Walkers analysis of other top right backs is enlightening. This is a player who clearly thinks about football deeply. I also didn't know that RJ used to play midfield...which explains his wonderful ball control,and eye for a pass....the recent Forest v Chelsea game showed this,when after coming on as a sub ,returning from injury,he reached the dead ball line,and with incredible skill and balance,produced a perfect cross, on the half volley to Jackson at the far post,who duly scored.
I did think at the time how the hell did he manage that so expertly ..?
Now I know he's really a ( two footed ) midfielder playing at fight back !

Great player, one we should be after, imo.
Injury sadly ruining his career.

Another ex city youth player! Everyone want to be Man City

I didn’t actually know he was ex City. Thought he was a Londoner lol. Took him a a while to work his way to the top. Looks like we’ll be offloading Chalobah to United to help the books and Tosin is his replacement.

I didn’t actually know he was ex City. Thought he was a Londoner lol. Took him a a while to work his way to the top. Looks like we’ll be offloading Chalobah to United to help the books and Tosin is his replacement.
He played at the Bridge for City in an FA Cup match one Sunday under Pellegrini..a match where Manuel rested several fist team players due to fixture congestion...and got a lot of media stick for doing so..

Think we lost ,but Tosin gave a good account of himself for us at centre back iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.