Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Madueke, he could be a good player for us on the right wing.

I like him too but he seems a bit too raw to given starter minutes at a big club. Ideally Chelsea should have just left him to continue developing at PSV as that's exactly what he needed. He has the tools to be really good but sometimes when I watch him he just looks like a kid fresh out of the academy with no experience.

I like him too but he seems a bit too raw to given starter minutes at a big club. Ideally Chelsea should have just left him to continue developing at PSV as that's exactly what he needed. He has the tools to be really good but sometimes when I watch him he just looks like a kid fresh out of the academy with no experience.

And how you feeling about FFP this year? I thought you were fucked last year but you were right, you weren't. Thoughts on this year?

And how you feeling about FFP this year? I thought you were fucked last year but you were right, you weren't. Thoughts on this year?

I’m not sure, to be honest. Last year we had a bloated squad of 33 players most of whom were signed by the previous ownership, I knew we could sell and we did.

I don’t know how much we need to raise to not breach the rules but there are a couple of players we could sell for a decent chunk:

Lukaku has a £37m release clause with a couple of interested clubs. He’s having a decent season in Rome. Maatsen could be sold to Dortmund for £35m. He’s currently on loan there and doing really well. Newcastle signed Lewis Hall on loan with an obligation to buy for £28m. If these 3 deals happen, that could go a long way getting us out of this jam. That’s the super optimistic version :)

I’m not sure, to be honest. Last year we had a bloated squad of 33 players most of whom were signed by the previous ownership, I knew we could sell and we did.

I don’t know how much we need to raise to not breach the rules but there are a couple of players we could sell for a decent chunk:

Lukaku has a £37m release clause with a couple of interested clubs. He’s having a decent season in Rome. Maatsen could be sold to Dortmund for £35m. He’s currently on loan there and doing really well. Newcastle signed Lewis Hall on loan with an obligation to buy for £28m. If these 3 deals happen, that could go a long way getting us out of this jam. That’s the super optimistic version :)

Fair enough, good luck. I have a feeling you are going to need it.

I don't think Lukaku is going to help you much unless he has been heavily written down, though. You need profit, not cash. Maatsen and Hall OK if you can shift them in time. Gallagher to Spurs?

Fair enough, good luck. I have a feeling you are going to need it.

I don't think Lukaku is going to help you much unless he has been heavily written down, though. You need profit, not cash. Maatsen and Hall OK if you can shift them in time. Gallagher to Spurs?

I hope it isn’t Gallagher. It’s one thing selling academy kids on the fringes of the team who either haven’t managed to break through or have been in the loan system for a few years. It’s another thing entirely to sell an academy kid who’s a mainstay in the first team, who the manager loves and starts every game and has captained the team in most games this season. That prove to be quite a symbolic sale for all the wrong reasons.

Why aren’t Newcastle playing Hall if it’s an obligation?

Why aren’t Newcastle playing Hall if it’s an obligation?

No idea why they aren’t playing him.

The obligation was widely reported at the time of the deal.

I did find the wording on Newcastle’s official website to be interesting and different from sky and bbc though. They say the obligation bit is dependent on certain performances criteria being met.

No idea why they aren’t playing him.

The obligation was widely reported at the time of the deal.

I did find the wording on Newcastle’s official website to be interesting and different from sky and bbc though. They say the obligation bit is dependent on certain performances criteria being met.

Not sure Newcastle have any money to spend, ironically. Not playing him so they dont have to buy him?

The whole thing is getting ridiculous. Having to sell your most valuable young players just to meet some arbitrary financial nonsense. Or not being able to play a young player because you aren't allowed to buy him by the same stupid nonsense.

And then you have clubs basically holding the EFL deal hostage until the nonsense is sorted out. It's all a gigantic clusterfuck.

Very sustainable.

Not sure Newcastle have any money to spend, ironically. Not playing him so they dont have to buy him?

The whole thing is getting ridiculous. Having to sell your most valuable young players just to meet some arbitrary financial nonsense. Or not being able to play a young player because you aren't allowed to buy him by the same stupid nonsense.

And then you have clubs basically holding the EFL deal hostage until the nonsense is sorted out. It's all a gigantic clusterfuck.

Very sustainable.

That would explain why they're playing Burn at left back over him. Burn is causing them big problems defensively at the moment.

I know a few Geordies and they're fuming that Burn keeps getting picked left back over Hall and can't understand why.

Seems now its quite obvious the obligation to buy him depends on how many games he starts and they're worried about that obligation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.