Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

Whatever it is that's unfolding at Chelsea, it at least serves as further evidence that rules around FFP and PSR were never ever designed to ensure better governance of clubs or create a level playing (both things I would gladly like to see).

Those policies were brought in to protect a hierarchy and loopholes left in by design to benefit the clubs with the most means.

Especially those loop holes they have found(hotel woman's team sale) stand and they somehow are clear of PSR this season hey good luck to them find it! But it means those loop holes will be closed and other clubs won't get that benefit!

Chelsea have form for having a large squad.

During PEG's first stint there, they used to buy players to stop other clubs acquiring them, SWP being a prime example.

Fair point. Anything is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay. But I'm guessing you know what I mean? Spurs got 25m for Skipp!
Yes, I know what you mean, but Chelsea were in a bidding war with Littlewoods, and probably got carried away.

And Leicester received £80 million for Magliar.

Especially those loop holes they have found(hotel woman's team sale) stand and they somehow are clear of PSR this season hey good luck to them find it! But it means those loop holes will be closed and other clubs won't get that benefit!

The PL set the precedent when they investigated and then approved Villa selling Villa Park to themselves, with surprisingly little fanfare. I'm not sure on what grounds they would now say this shouldn't be allowed, unless they have serious concerns about the valuation of the hotels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.