Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

The PL set the precedent when they investigated and then approved Villa selling Villa Park to themselves, with surprisingly little fanfare. I'm not sure on what grounds they would now say this shouldn't be allowed, unless they have serious concerns about the valuation of the hotels.
I bet wouldn’t be approved, if we tried selling the Academy complex to ourselves.

I bet wouldn’t be approved, if we tried selling the Academy complex to ourselves.

I’m sure it would. Villa aren’t the only club to have done this, though the only PL club I’m aware of, but several championship clubs have also done the same to get out of a FFP jam. I’m sure City doing it would be approved, unless it was something ridiculous like a £150m sale when the real valuation is actually £70m, for example. Otherwise they’d have to go back on their own judgement from only a few years ago. The Villa thing was less than 5 years ago.

The PL set the precedent when they investigated and then approved Villa selling Villa Park to themselves, with surprisingly little fanfare. I'm not sure on what grounds they would now say this shouldn't be allowed, unless they have serious concerns about the valuation of the hotels.

Didn't know that when did it happen

Didn't know that when did it happen

In 2020.

It’s just laughable now. Felix was a dud last year so they’ve bought him just to get gallagher off the books by the looks of it.

So, some context.

Villa offered a decent fee for Gallagher, which Chelsea accepted. Gallagher declined to go there, which is his right of course. Gallagher then declined a new contract offer. So now we have a situation where Gallagher's contract runs out in 12 months, he has rejected a new contract, and declined to go the club that tried to buy him.

Atletico Madrid then enter the picture with a reasonable offer for Gallagher, which he accepts, and Chelsea accept. There is just one problem. Atletico have La Liga PSR issues and they have to sell before they can buy Gallagher. Chelsea know they have to sell to Atletico or risk losing him for free in a year, because Gallagher doesn't appear interested in the other interested clubs - Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, Everton.

So that's how we've found ourselves in a situation where we're picking a random Atletico player to buy to ensure we don't lose Gallagher for free.

The entire mess started with Chelsea's insistence on selling Gallagher. The contract offer I mentioned earlier, that he rejected? Yeah that was a shit 2 year deal that nobody in their right mind would accept, especially considering Chelsea are handing out 7 year contract to anybody that does as much as breathe near a football pitch. So it's a mess entirely of Chelsea's own doing.

So, some context.

Villa offered a decent fee for Gallagher, which Chelsea accepted. Gallagher declined to go there, which is his right of course. Gallagher then declined a new contract offer. So now we have a situation where Gallagher's contract runs out in 12 months, he has rejected a new contract, and declined to go the club that tried to buy him.

Atletico Madrid then enter the picture with a reasonable offer for Gallagher, which he accepts, and Chelsea accept. There is just one problem. Atletico have La Liga PSR issues and they have to sell before they can buy Gallagher. Chelsea know they have to sell to Atletico or risk losing him for free in a year, because Gallagher doesn't appear interested in the other interested clubs - Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, Everton.

So that's how we've found ourselves in a situation where we're picking a random Atletico player to buy to ensure we don't lose Gallagher for free.

The entire mess started with Chelsea's insistence on selling Gallagher. The contract offer I mentioned earlier, that he rejected? Yeah that was a shit 2 year deal that nobody in their right mind would accept, especially considering Chelsea are handing out 7 year contract to anybody that does as much as breathe near a football pitch. So it's a mess entirely of Chelsea's own doing.
It solves PSR in the immediate term, but adds to your amortisation costs for the next few years, meaning you will need to sell loads each summer.

Do you have a conveyor belt of youngsters ready to be sold next summer?

All these players on 7 year contracts would lose you money if you sold them, wouldn’t they as they’d need their contracts paying up?

In 2020.

Interesting it's weird they didn't close that loop hole!? That could mean now that any club can sell there stadium to themselves, Mad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.