Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

When Joe royal became our manager we had 54 players on the books
Joe and David Bernstein have to take a great deal of credit for the way they went about weeding out the dross and high earners, and starting the resurrection of Manchester City.

Anyone, who has a problem with either of these two giants of City's phoenix-like rise, really should give their head a wobble.

I don't know if this is something they written into the rulebooks, but there was a definitely a case of a club selling club property to themselves for the sole purpose of complying with the financial rules.

The PL investigated it and then approved it. Which in my eyes means they've set the precedent for that kind of thing, making it not a loophole but a stupid rule that shouldn't exist.

I actually agree with you that exploiting loopholes is acting in bad faith. I also think these owners are deeply unlikable, poorly behaved bad faith actors who would love nothing more than to find a new loophole to exploit, so please don't take my responses to you as some kind of defence of their actions. I just disagree in this specific instance that selling hotels to themselves was a loophole being exploited.
They did that deal while in the championship so a lot harder for Premier league to over-rule it

Conceded 22 shots on goal to a team that the BBC couldn't even find a badge for on their match report. At home.
Haha, I watched an unofficial HL vid of the game and was thinking "Wtf... has the uploader edited it to only show the away team goal threat"

When Joe royal became our manager we had 54 players on the books

Was thinking of him in relation to Chelsea's situation. He has stated, regularly, that it was a problem that needed sorting rapidly. Similar kind of syndrome: short-haul manager after short-haul manager bringing in their own favourite players, and sidelining those already there without being able to offload them at reasonable prices.

Incidentally, Joe was one of our best managers, but I don't think I'd go so far as crowning him.

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.