Chelsea v City post match discussion

black mamba said:
stonerblue said:
I must have watched a different match than the one the most journos and bluemooners saw.
I thought City played very well all over the pitch. Barry, MadPabZab, Milner and Vinny were all back to their best. Nastasic had his best game so far and Merlin was everywhere.
It certainly wasn't a clinical attacking performance with beautiful football but all the team worked their socks off getting and retaining the ball. We played some great close passing and remained calm when under pressure, which was'nt very often at all.
We were by far the better side and outplaying the current chumps laegue champions at their place should be seen as a positive result.

You are right in everything you say until that last sentence ..... City probably gave their best performance of the season yesterday , and few of our players were actually poor ... although set pieces might have been much better.

Chelsea , with eleven men , are a tough cookie , and we had far more possession , and the better chances ...... if fact if we'd scored just one goal i doubt if we'd have pulled off a better victory all season !

But , as Mancini rightly pointed out , this was DEFINETELY two points lost ..... when you play well at places such as this , you HAVE win the game , and that would have produced a 'positive' result , instead of just an 'acceptable' one ....

we've now allowed the rags back in , who DID win there !

Maybe the last sentence didn't come out right. If i'd missed the word 'result' off the end it would have reflected my thinking better.

I also see it as 2 points lost, simply because we played so well.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:33 pm --<br /><br />
robbieh said:
stonerblue said:
I must have watched a different match than the one the most journos and bluemooners saw.
I thought City played very well all over the pitch. Barry, MadPabZab, Milner and Vinny were all back to their best. Nastasic had his best game so far and Merlin was everywhere.
It certainly wasn't a clinical attacking performance with beautiful football but all the team worked their socks off getting and retaining the ball. We played some great close passing and remained calm when under pressure, which was'nt very often at all.
We were by far the better side and outplaying the current chumps laegue champions at their place should be seen as a positive result.

Watched it with a Chelsea fan. He said it was men (us) against boys. I thought we looked very solid and professional. Was expecting them to cause us problems and they didn't.

To me that looked like a team who mean business.

nail on head.

Have to agree with the positive views on here. Good performance against a top 4 team on their own ‘middin, who we dominated throughout. We didn’t pick up all three points, but that’s football. Compare Saturday to the Sunderland game away last year. We absolutely slaughtered them and still lost. The message from yesterday is that Chelsea are not a threat and we will prevail over 38 games.

Hung said:
Have to agree with the positive views on here. Good performance against a top 4 team on their own ‘middin, who we dominated throughout. We didn’t pick up all three points, but that’s football. Compare Saturday to the Sunderland game away last year. We absolutely slaughtered them and still lost. The message from yesterday is that Chelsea are not a threat and we will prevail over 38 games.

Totally agree plus against like for like fixtures we are three points better off than last season whilst I think the rags are 2 points worse off. keep playing like we did on Sunday and someone will be absolutely slaughtered...I can feel it in the Irwell!!!

Hung said:

I tend to agree. However, it's worth bearing in mind that you can normally afford to draw or lose about 10 ~ 12 games.

We are 1/3 of the way through and have drawn 5 already. Carry on at that rate and even drawing them (i.e. assuming no defeats), we would fall well short of the title.

It's OK dropping 2 points here and there, but you can't do it too often and we are doing.

The other worrying stat is 2 wins out of 6 on the road. Not exactly brilliant.

Chelsea fans got a good look at what they can expect from Benitez. Tight and organized at the back and very little going forward.

Thought we played very well 1st half and likely missed out on the 3 by not scoring then.

Torres is finished.

Roll On City said:
Claytop said:
Why is it that at every corner we may aswell just pass it to their keeper but as soon as they get a corner they look like they could score off any one?

Why was silva taking any when we had Kolarov on?

Kolarov's corners can barely make the near post

we are shit at corners, either ours or our opponants.

BlueMo' said:
They were there for the taking.
We need to speed up our attacking play.
Far too pedestrian at times.

I thought we pinged it around them for most of the match. I think our forwards struggled with the ball at their feet.

de niro said:
Roll On City said:
Claytop said:
Why is it that at every corner we may aswell just pass it to their keeper but as soon as they get a corner they look like they could score off any one?

Why was silva taking any when we had Kolarov on?

Kolarov's corners can barely make the near post

we are shit at corners, either ours or our opponants.

Did we not score the most from corners last year

Chippy_boy said:
Hung said:

I tend to agree. However, it's worth bearing in mind that you can normally afford to draw or lose about 10 ~ 12 games.

We are 1/3 of the way through and have drawn 5 already. Carry on at that rate and even drawing them (i.e. assuming no defeats), we would fall well short of the title.

It's OK dropping 2 points here and there, but you can't do it too often and we are doing.

The other worrying stat is 2 wins out of 6 on the road. Not exactly brilliant.

Yes , it's wins that make the difference ......

the rags are ahead of us even though they've lost three games , whilst we remain undefeated ... and that's purely down to them getting three points on more occasions than us!

They won as many games as we did last season , and only lost out by a 'whisker' ........ we need to AT LEAST match their wins this season , or we won't keep pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.