Chelsea v City post match discussion

Why is it that at every corner we may aswell just pass it to their keeper but as soon as they get a corner they look like they could score off any one?

Why was silva taking any when we had Kolarov on?

I can't see Dzeko starting again for a while unless he gets the nod in Dortmund.

Hopefully Mario comes in against Wigan and does well.

cyprustavern said:
Luckily their crowd wasnt behind them and they were without Terry and Lampard . Certainly wasnt a Champions standard performance from us.

Zabba has to be the best rightback in the league at the moment , Nasty is impressive both in temperament and ability for one so young and Vinny was solid (even carrying a knock) .

Silvas workrate was good again and this coupled with his technique should see him universally recognised as one of the truly great European footballers of his generation before long.

The rest were either average or below par.

Six points from Wigan and Everton will set us up nicely for the derby but things need to start clicking better to beat Everton and the Rag wearers .

i thought milner and barry worked there bollox off

Agree with most of the comments on here regarding performance. Thought Augero, Dzeko and particulary, Yaya were all poor. Zab and Vinny were superb as was Nasty. I am one of Barry's worst critics but I thought he played a great game yesterday. Onwards to Wigan, more aggression in front of goal please blues!!

I must have watched a different match than the one the most journos and bluemooners saw.
I thought City played very well all over the pitch. Barry, MadPabZab, Milner and Vinny were all back to their best. Nastasic had his best game so far and Merlin was everywhere.
It certainly wasn't a clinical attacking performance with beautiful football but all the team worked their socks off getting and retaining the ball. We played some great close passing and remained calm when under pressure, which was'nt very often at all.
We were by far the better side and outplaying the current chumps laegue champions at their place should be seen as a positive result.

Claytop said:
Why is it that at every corner we may aswell just pass it to their keeper but as soon as they get a corner they look like they could score off any one?

Why was silva taking any when we had Kolarov on?

Kolarov's corners can barely make the near post

stonerblue said:
I must have watched a different match than the one the most journos and bluemooners saw.
I thought City played very well all over the pitch. Barry, MadPabZab, Milner and Vinny were all back to their best. Nastasic had his best game so far and Merlin was everywhere.
It certainly wasn't a clinical attacking performance with beautiful football but all the team worked their socks off getting and retaining the ball. We played some great close passing and remained calm when under pressure, which was'nt very often at all.
We were by far the better side and outplaying the current chumps laegue champions at their place should be seen as a positive result.

You are right in everything you say until that last sentence ..... City probably gave their best performance of the season yesterday , and few of our players were actually poor ... although set pieces might have been much better.

Chelsea , with eleven men , are a tough cookie , and we had far more possession , and the better chances ...... if fact if we'd scored just one goal i doubt if we'd have pulled off a better victory all season !

But , as Mancini rightly pointed out , this was DEFINETELY two points lost ..... when you play well at places such as this , you HAVE win the game , and that would have produced a 'positive' result , instead of just an 'acceptable' one ....

we've now allowed the rags back in , who DID win there !

black mamba said:
But , as Mancini rightly pointed out , this was DEFINETELY two points lost ..... when you play well at places such as this , you HAVE win the game , and that would have produced a 'positive' result , instead of just an 'acceptable' one ....

'Definitely'....and we all know why the red shite won there....I'm calm and confident with what lies ahead.

Sky Blue said:
black mamba said:

'Definitely'....and we all know why the red shite won there....I'm calm and confident with what lies ahead.

yes we all know why they won, its the same reason they won at liverpool when they looked like they get slaughtered.

stonerblue said:

Watched it with a Chelsea fan. He said it was men (us) against boys. I thought we looked very solid and professional. Was expecting them to cause us problems and they didn't.

To me that looked like a team who mean business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.