Chelsea v City post match discussion

black mamba said:
Chippy_boy said:
Hung said:
Have to agree with the positive views on here. Good performance against a top 4 team on their own ‘middin, who we dominated throughout. We didn’t pick up all three points, but that’s football. Compare Saturday to the Sunderland game away last year. We absolutely slaughtered them and still lost. The message from yesterday is that Chelsea are not a threat and we will prevail over 38 games.

I tend to agree. However, it's worth bearing in mind that you can normally afford to draw or lose about 10 ~ 12 games.

We are 1/3 of the way through and have drawn 5 already. Carry on at that rate and even drawing them (i.e. assuming no defeats), we would fall well short of the title.

It's OK dropping 2 points here and there, but you can't do it too often and we are doing.

The other worrying stat is 2 wins out of 6 on the road. Not exactly brilliant.

Yes , it's wins that make the difference ......

the rags are ahead of us even though they've lost three games , whilst we remain undefeated ... and that's purely down to them getting three points on more occasions than us!

They won as many games as we did last season , and only lost out by a 'whisker' ........ we need to AT LEAST match their wins this season , or we won't keep pace.

Agree completely. I think we need to go for it much more in games. First off, tell everyone in the team that if they get anywhere near the bloody goal, SHOOT ffs. It's no coincidence that Lampard gets 10, 15, 20 goals a season and Milner and Barry get 2. Lampard shoots on site, and half of them go in.

I am not holding Lampard up as some role model, but we could take a leaf out of his book in this respect.

And also, can we try to play for 90 minutes like we do when we are 1-0 down please? Every time I see us play these days its slow laborious build up until 1 pass too many and we lose the ball. Tevez is the only one who will try to get a shot off under any circumstances. The rest of them, it's all tippy tappy and then fall over the ball, or slip on your arse or whatever. SHOOT.

Not read the thread so apologies if I'm repeating anything. I thought we played pretty well, in the first half you would have thought that we were the home team. We passed it well & pretty much restricted their chances. The only thing that is missing is the amount of chances that we are carving out in front of goal. Some of the build up play is not direct enough or fast enough IMO. The thing that impressed me with Madrid & Dortmund was the speed that they both hit us on the counter attack. I would really like to see us incorporate that more into our play. I thought Edin & Sergio were quite poor yesterday but even the best can have off days. Silva looks like he is back to his best which is great to see & the defence looked solid. I thought Zab had a good game also.

grim up north said:
Did we not score the most from corners last year
Its inevitable when you get so many, doesn't mean we are particularly good at them, its a standing joke with me an my lad "will it get past the first man", and it probably does little more than 50% of the time.

That said I thought our corners at Chelsea were about the best they've been this season.

A point at Stamford Bridge is not by any stretch of the imagination a bad result, and is better than we got last year. We controlled the game for the most part, had a couple of chances we probably should have done better with and could/should have had a penalty. We struggled in the last third and our forwards didn’t have the best of days, but I think Chelsea defended much better than on other occasions I’ve seen them this season, personally I’d like to have seen a few more crosses go in for Edin but Chelsea did defend well on the flanks. I’d have happily taken a point at kick off but after the game I’m a little disappointed we didn’t take all three. We’re in a good position.

I think we don't make enough runs without the ball to draw defenders away. If Kolarov, Zaba, Milner, Silva, Nasri made those 'fake' runs frequently, lanes would open up for our strikers. I think it's not a coincidence Aguero and Tevez keep running into walls of defenders.
We just don't do that often enough.

Anyone got a clip of the foot-up tackle in the first half by Torres? AR flagged hard, but no card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.