Chelsea V Man City Pre- Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Telegraph reckons Terry and Lampard will both be left out. Not sure if a good or bad thing, Lampard does have a tendency to come up with important goals.

He's also had a couple of poor moments against us recently. He missed the penalty earlier this season and didn't track Nasri's run for our second goal in the 2-1 last season. In fact, the game last season was one of the worst games I can remember Lampard ever having.

I can see Yaya being decisive in this game. We all know how much he likes Wembley and he is often the key in the big games.

Wonder how we're planning to cope with the movement of Chelsea's trio of attacking midfielders? Milner is the only one of our midfielders with the athleticism to track them effectively but I wouldn't say he's that suited to a disciplined defensive role.

Really nervous about this game. I just hate that our whole season depends on this one game.

RandomJ said:
Really nervous about this game. I just hate that our whole season depends on this one game.

Two games. We don't win anything for only beating Chelsea.

RandomJ said:

What's worrying me is Rafa in a cup competition, he seems to come alive when its a cup game.

The thought of Cheslea lifting the UEFA Cup AND FA Cup and a possible CL spot - something I do think they will get - frustrates me immensely, whilst we end the season playing overall better than them with nothing.

sam-caddick said:
RandomJ said:

What's worrying me is Rafa in a cup competition, he seems to come alive when its a cup game.

The thought of Cheslea lifting the UEFA Cup AND FA Cup and a possible CL spot - something I do think they will get - frustrates me immensely, whilst we end the season playing overall better than them with nothing.

That's the rub. If they win both I'll be amazed and pissed in equal measure. Another mid season managerial change, load of new players still settling in, loss of key players of their old squad, the worst 50m pound striker the world has ever seen and a cheap Jan transfer to bring in Ba.. And still very much in the running for two trophies. It would make our season go from bad to inexcusably shit.

Braggster said:
I can see Yaya being decisive in this game. We all know how much he likes Wembley and he is often the key in the big games.

Wonder how we're planning to cope with the movement of Chelsea's trio of attacking midfielders? Milner is the only one of our midfielders with the athleticism to track them effectively but I wouldn't say he's that suited to a disciplined defensive role.

I see what you are saying. But I doubt any of those 3 will follow Milner round Wembley when we have the ball. Milner would run them into the ground.

And beyond that they will have to worry about Yaya and probably Barry.

Having those 3 attack minded players might well negate Chelsea in other areas.

people seem to be forgetting that we have dominated them in all three games we have played and in all three, Oscar, Mata and Hazard have been practically anonymous.

Seriously?! Can't understand some comments on this thread! We've hammered Chelsea 3 times this season, won 2 convincingly, drawn the other (backs to the wall at home for Chelsea). Can only see one outcome with Aguero back on form free from injury.

Glad I'm back from Portugal on 10th May!

Brendan110_0 said:
Seriously?! Can't understand some comments on this thread! We've hammered Chelsea 3 times this season, won 2 convincingly, drawn the other (backs to the wall at home for Chelsea). Can only see one outcome with Aguero back on form free from injury.

Glad I'm back from Portugal on 10th May!

Law of averages always suggests an upset could be on the cards for the over confident ....

United usually win at Norwich , but they didn't this season ....... Spurs normally lose league games at the Swamp , yet they won there this season ....... City don't usually win league games at Arsenal , but we did this time ...... how often would Villa win at Anfield , yet they did this season !

The unexpected can always happen , and especially to sides who think all they have to do is turn up to win ....

this will be a very difficult fixture for us , Chelsea showed their pedigree in the second half at Old Trafford , they are a very good side , and the likes of Hazard and Mata are exceptional players ...... if we don't approach this game with the same attitude that we shown in the derby we can forget a cup final appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.