Chelsea Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the media are waiting to write the obituaries tonight re City's Chumps League 'debacle'. They seem to ignore the fact that we're top of the league. My priority is retaining the title. I think Bobby's made that clear to the boys. So I'm generally excited about the game v Chelsea. Two years' ago a change in manager in an oppo would have set my heart racing; now I don't think it changes a great deal. I fancy us to come away with at least a point on Sunday.

We have been given a really rough ride by UEFA with the champs league draw. Come it can't just be coincedence that all bloody four league winners end up in the same group - can it !!!
When that draw was made...I wouldn't be surprised if Platini was raising his glass of best french wine with a massive smirk on his big French chops.

Anyway...after the sacking of Di Matteo this morning, I think we will go to the Bridge and claim all 3 points. Yes Chelsea are good on the attack, but i watched them last night and they do not have anyone in Midfield to break up the attack. As soon as that 1st Juve goal went in you could see their heads drop.

I mentioned earlier in Pre-season that it would all go a bit sour at the Bridge - This is just the start : )

munster said:
All the media are waiting to write the obituaries tonight re City's Chumps League 'debacle'. They seem to ignore the fact that we're top of the league. My priority is retaining the title. I think Bobby's made that clear to the boys. So I'm generally excited about the game v Chelsea. Two years' ago a change in manager in an oppo would have set my heart racing; now I don't think it changes a great deal. I fancy us to come away with at least a point on Sunday.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4614546/Alan-Shearer-column-Manchester-City-learning-to-be-Champs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... hamps.html</a>
This was written a whole month ago when we weren't even top. The media aren't all forgetting about how good we actually are. Just the desperate ones and they're the ones we don't need to take any notice of.

We have the best chance ever of beating Chelsea now with all the turmoil at stamford bridge.I thought before the season started they needed some strikers Chelsea.

If it's some sort of caretaker/temporary arrangement our chances went up today. They are in disarray.

However if they get a Benitez in or similar before Sunday, it will bring them the leadership they miss. Not saying we can't win but it would be harder

I wouldnt be worried if they appoint Benitez he is a spent force after Liverpool.I would be more worried if Rednapp was appointed slightly better manager

I think appointing Benitez will have the opposite effect to what the Di Matteo appointment did. The Chelsea squad wanted AVB out and welcomed Di Matteo; this time the squad were behind Di Matteo and the fans aren't keen on the Waiter. We have to take advantage of this fiasco on Sunday.

Caveman said:
Chelsea are a joke. How can they sack Di Matteo after he helped them to win a double (two excellent trophies too) last season and help them to their best Prem start since they sacked their other last really good manager who they shouldn't have sacked?

I hope whomever comes in next fails big time.

No coach will succeed with Cahill and Luiz as a centre back partnership, they wouldn't start for Fulham, never mind a club trying to succeed as a consistent CB partnership for a team going for the Prem title and progression in the CL. Luiz can't defend and Cahill is massively overrated. Players like that are alright to fill-in, but consitently starting they aren't of a high enough standard.

Jokers!

I hope we stuff them on Sunday just to piss Abramovic off further.

The only way to not get sacked with Abramovic is to win every competition there is to win without any losses in your first try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.