Chelsea Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreading the thought of no Kompany, and I definately cannot see a Lescott - Nastasic partnership as they are both left footed defenders.

I think if Kompany is out, I think we will go with a three of Zabaleta - Kolo - Nastasic with Clichy and Maicon as wing backs, it is the only way in my opinion that we can secure as solid a defense with the players we have in my opinion.

---------------Hart--------------
-----Zabaleta--Kolo---Nastasic-----
Maicon-----Barry--Garcia------Clichy
---------------Yaya---------------
Silva------------Kun----------Tevez

Re: We will beat Chavski on sunday.

Lol, totally. It was the same in the first half against Villa, there is such a lack of urgency and too much naffing about is done about 35 yards from goal; Maicon's chance was the only real time we looked deadly by storming into the box.[/quote]

Told my mate Sean while watching yesterday's match that we are sometimes the "new Arsenal". Lots of possession and incisive passing, but outside the box, and then not enough space or cutting edge in the box to finish the moves. Eventually, we lose possession and get hit on the break.

Think this is one of the reasons Mancini is trying to put Maicon and Kolarov on the wings. Their whipped in crosses looked great against Spurs and Villa, just not against Real. At least he is trying to develop a plan B for when the opposition packs it in the defense and waits for either an errant pass or a block, as we saw for most of the second half against QPR last year.

lukyman said:
Pigeonho said:
mgx.sleck said:
BALOTELLI ON SUNDAY!! i actually think he would have been affective vs real today/ysterday.
He would have caused chaos for Pepe and probably we would have gotten another PK. a more legit on this time!
Fuck him, don't want him to start at all. Unleash the argie partnership and watch Chelsea crumble.
Yaya is the key anyway on Sunday. They have nothing like that in their midfield and he will power his way through it with relative ease, and I include Obi Mikel in that.
This Benitez factor too? Forget it.
After last night i'm more than confident that this will be our best performance so far this season and maintain my prediction of a 4-0 win ala the 6-1.

Yep, I'm with him^

fair enough. However, Don't you think balotelli would have been better than dzeko vs madrid?? I think he would have frustrated Madrid and pepe so much...idk..i miss him sometimes..

Im not looking forward to sunday after seeing Kompany being injured against Real Madrid last night.Why keep him on against Real Madrid if hes injured.

Tevez should play from the start. He has a fantastic scoring record against Chelsea.

Hope Kompany makes it, he would be a massive loss in such a big match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.