Chelsea Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: chelsea away

waspish said:
Win lose or draw its not a title changing game there is a long long long long way to go still

i disagree, the points you amass against your nearest rivals have the biggest effect on the outcome of the league.

if city win it's not only the 3 points we get, it's the 3 chelsea don't get.

we would push them seven points behind us, and they would have to come to the etihad.

city's performances against utd last season were pivotal in us winning the title.

Bar Spurs and United away last year our record at places like SB, Anfield, Emirates etc is awful really hope we can get something and keep our unbeaten record going.

-- Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 pm --

waspish said:
Win lose or draw its not a title changing game there is a long long long long way to go still
That goes without saying but its still a crucial game though.

fathellensbellend said:
waspish said:

i disagree, the points you amass against your nearest rivals have the biggest effect on the outcome of the league.

if city win it's not only the 3 points we get, it's the 3 chelsea don't get.

we would push them seven points behind us, and they would have to come to the etihad.

city's performances against utd last season were pivotal in us winning the title.
Hence the six pointer.

We'll find out exactly where we are as a team when we go to Chelsea.
Whilst we haven't quite hit the form of last season, the media insist were in some kind of crisis.

The crisis story is a load of bollocks, but Chelsea will be the best team we've faced domestically, so we need to be at the races from the first minute. Plus with there recent dip in form, it looks like an almost must win for them.

I'd drop Nasri, or one of Tevez or Aguero (cant believe im saying that), but I'd go with Barry, Toure and Milner to nulify Oscar, Hazard and Mata.

.................................Hart

Zab............Komapny...........Nasty.................Clichy

...................Milner.............Barry
...............................Toure

Silva......................................................Aguero/Tevez/Nasri

..............................Aguero/Tevez.

Blue Punter said:
Very similar to last season. We went there about 10 games unbeaten, with a chance to put some real daylight between us and them.

The first 25 mins was some of the best I've seen us play under RM. Clattenberg then stepped in with some ridiculous decisions and put an end to our unbeaten run.

I'm hoping we get a decent ref and can finish the job off this time.
In the last three years, our record against them is as good as anyones.

Absolutely this.
We were superb in the first half of the first half, but still dominated the game. They celebrated like they'd won the league when Lampard scored the winning penalty.
This game couldn't come at a better time after good wins over the last couple of weeks.

midweek CL games will be very important , both teams will be very tired but if one of them can get a good result midweek will get a great booster

Lomas has a lob on said:
.................................Hart

Zab............Komapny...........Nasty.................Clichy

...................Milner.............Barry
...............................Toure

Silva......................................................Aguero/Tevez/Nasri

..............................Aguero/Tevez.

This is definitely a game for Milner and Barry with Yaya pressing higher up the pitch to really put pressure on whoever is playing in the deeper role for them.

We only have one win their since the famous 4-2 game their 20 seasons ago.

Since then we have only scored in 4 games. Still much better than our away record at Arsenal I suppose.

Probably best to rest a few on Wednesday.

wireblue said:
With United's result yesterday this is a bit of a bonus game. If we win then we're absolutely flying but if we don't then there's no huge damage done and a tough away game out of the way

Exactly how I look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.