Chelsea Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: chelsea away

nicholasjackson said:
tevez must start, has great record against chelsea for united and city

For the same reason I hope Lampard doesn't play for them. His scoring record for them against us especially at SB is very worrying. Penalties normally follow when he plays against us.

Ou toughest game of the season so far without doubt.

neoblue said:
waspish said:
Win lose or draw its not a title changing game there is a long long long long way to go still
6 pointer for me.
agree, early season advantage if only mentally. theyre on a poor run at the moment and would love a repeat of the 4-2.

for qpr, anyone have a feeling they'll get a result there?

fathellensbellend said:
waspish said:
Win lose or draw its not a title changing game there is a long long long long way to go still

i disagree, the points you amass against your nearest rivals have the biggest effect on the outcome of the league.

if city win it's not only the 3 points we get, it's the 3 chelsea don't get.

we would push them seven points behind us, and they would have to come to the etihad.

city's performances against utd last season were pivotal in us winning the title.

I agree with your logic, but not in this case with the team concerned. I don't see them as the real threat to be honest, so it's just another 3 points for us, or not. I don't think it matters how many points they get.

But interestingly, your point that how well you do against your rivals being pivotal - this did not use to be the case. Historically, the head to head results of title contenders did not influence who won the league. It was your performances week in, week out and your ability to consistently get 3 points against the fodder that determined who ended up Champions.

But more recently the top sides are all pretty consistent in dealing with the lower teams and therefore the head to head results are much more important.

The fact that United have lost 3 already is a terrible omen for them though. Carry on like that and they will be miles off the pace by May.

stimo said:
neoblue said:
waspish said:
6 pointer for me.
agree, early season advantage if only mentally. theyre on a poor run at the moment and would love a repeat of the 4-2.

for qpr, anyone have a feeling they'll get a result there?

The phone call did the trick for Kean last season.

Blue Punter said:
Very similar to last season. We went there about 10 games unbeaten, with a chance to put some real daylight between us and them.

The first 25 mins was some of the best I've seen us play under RM. Clattenberg then stepped in with some ridiculous decisions and put an end to our unbeaten run.

I'm hoping we get a decent ref and can finish the job off this time.
In the last three years, our record against them is as good as anyones.[/quote

i hope we get the same linesman as yesterday

Very difficult game , and one which we'll do well to win ...... Chelsea lost at the Hawthorns and will see the City game as being one in which to recover .... we haven't lost yet , and that could go against us in this one

but we'll see !

One thing is for sure .. we won't land up playing against nine men like some do around these parts !

Good opportunity to build a nice gap between 2nd and 3rd. I'd take a draw, but a win would be very nice indeed.

stan bowles said:
nicholasjackson said:
tevez must start, has great record against chelsea for united and city

For the same reason I hope Lampard doesn't play for them. His scoring record for them against us especially at SB is very worrying. Penalties normally follow when he plays against us.

Ou toughest game of the season so far without doubt.

Lampard is out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.