Cheltenham Festival 2012

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
speccybob 8 said:
What's the best guide to get? Just for a couple of quid. I don't mean official programes.

Timeform mate.
The Racing Post, Racing and Football Outlook and the magazine Racing Ahead all do special preview guides, full of selections, all have their various merits and downsides. But you can probably get all three for a tenner or so and if it gets you one decent winner, they will all have paid for themselves.
For me, Grands Crus will win whatever race he enters, and that includes the Gold Cup. Brave to say that about a young chaser but I don't think Kauto or Long Run are unbeatable by any means, especially by a horse which posted a faster time over the same course and distance as both of them on the same day earlier in the season.
That said, I think you can get around 25-1 for all four winners from last year's Champion races to double up and it could well be a possibility this year — certainly more so than in the past, though there's usually at least one which gets turned over.
The frustrating Somersby is worth a look this year as well, especially if he is given a better ride than McCoy's ridiculously incompetent performance last season.
I'm going on the Wednesday, can't wait after missing out last year

LongsightM13 said:
speccybob 8 said:
What's the best guide to get? Just for a couple of quid. I don't mean official programes.

Timeform mate.
The Racing Post, Racing and Football Outlook and the magazine Racing Ahead all do special preview guides, full of selections, all have their various merits and downsides. But you can probably get all three for a tenner or so and if it gets you one decent winner, they will all have paid for themselves.
For me, Grands Crus will win whatever race he enters, and that includes the Gold Cup. Brave to say that about a young chaser but I don't think Kauto or Long Run are unbeatable by any means, especially by a horse which posted a faster time over the same course and distance as both of them on the same day earlier in the season.
That said, I think you can get around 25-1 for all four winners from last year's Champion races to double up and it could well be a possibility this year — certainly more so than in the past, though there's usually at least one which gets turned over.
The frustrating Somersby is worth a look this year as well, especially if he is given a better ride than McCoy's ridiculously incompetent performance last season.

I am a massive fan of Grand Crous i would of love to see him have another go at Big Bucks up the hill almost had him last year . But like you i will be backing him in whatever he goes in.

ox-blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
Timeform mate.

I am a massive fan of Grand Crous i would of love to see him have another go at Big Bucks up the hill almost had him last year . But like you i will be backing him in whatever he goes in.
A pure class horse, the only thing to lay a glove on Big Bucks for years. Given luck and fitness, a future Gold Cup winner, whether this year or next.
Pricewise in the RP has today tipped up Alan King's Batonnier at 12-1 (Ladbrokes/Boyles) for the Neptune Novices' Hurdle on the Wedbesday.
With many of the market leaders (Simonsig, Boston Bob, Fingal Bay) still not certain whether to run in this, the Albert Bartlett or the Supreme Novices, if a couple of them race elsewhere, he could go off half or a third of that on the day. Perhaps worth a small e/w tickle at 12s.

My biggest fear about this years festival is that Leighton has gone missing and half the fun is entering his predicta, maybe a search party is required.

Oh, and told the boss today that I will be in on monday and then off for two weeks, though i might go in on the middle Monday, he said he couldnt care if i am in or not as he will be off for the week

Rocky Creek in the 3m Novice H.

The filthy Rag James Nesbitt has a great horse Riverside Theatre in the Ryanair but so far has flopped at Chelters.
If Henderson has trained him how to handle the course he should win.

pieface said:
Hunt ball.. ran clear at the weekend,four stone on his back.
I love the road to Cheltenham when its a small stable going there with a chance.
Keiran burke has an exciting seven year old,niall what races is he entered in?.

Hes entered in the 2m4f Novice handicap chase and the Byrne Plate over 2m5f. He has shot up in the weights and is now rated 142 which is ahead of the ratings for the novice race as its a race for 140 and lower rated horses but he will still be able to run in it as they go off the ratings from the 21st of feb when he was rated 127. However he would need to carry weight to match his new rating of 142. So he can run in the race but would have to run off 12st 2lbs.

cheers niall........hope you dont mind posting vids

The quiet man
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwtyg3JpK1Y[/youtube]

And this ..just because this is as good as it gets.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcCuIVn6egM[/youtube]

LongsightM13 said:
ox-blue said:
LongsightM13 said:

A pure class horse, the only thing to lay a glove on Big Bucks for years. Given luck and fitness, a future Gold Cup winner, whether this year or next.
Pricewise in the RP has today tipped up Alan King's Batonnier at 12-1 (Ladbrokes/Boyles) for the Neptune Novices' Hurdle on the Wedbesday.
With many of the market leaders (Simonsig, Boston Bob, Fingal Bay) still not certain whether to run in this, the Albert Bartlett or the Supreme Novices, if a couple of them race elsewhere, he could go off half or a third of that on the day. Perhaps worth a small e/w tickle at 12s.

I actually try to avoid pricewise horses. Cos he has so many followers he costs you a couple of points per horse, which reads false odds for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.