Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Nah, I see a lot more people saying Peps managed Foden perfectly than the opposite in the media. It was some city fans and pundits calling for him to be played more as much as anyone else.

defo the media pushing or leading the foden must play gang
city fans was behind pep and we have seen many youth players over the years burnt out at 25 or younger

pep was right to hold him back and now we are seeing why he was talked about as some one special
managers at any other club would be playing foden at 17 because he would keep him in a job

All Mendy had to do was give a 6/10 performance, standard offering for a pro footballer. He must be embarrassed to get subbed off playing against a div2 side. If he'd put the same amount of effort in as they all did he would have played the full 90. He might not even care, but I'd be worried about my future at City if I were him.

And Mahrez, as much as I think he's super talented and he still may win us a big game one day, he needs to beef up a bit. He is far too easily muscled off the ball, makes Foden look like aquaman. He did improve moving into the middle, something that Pep might explore.

Other than that it was a bitty performance with half the team rusty as nails and the other half just not used to playing.

Happy to go through though, that was too close for comfort. Long live the FA Cup!

Did you notice as the throw came in, Mendy took two steps backwards so had no chance of getting to the ball once it had cleared the front post
Truly dreadful defending
May came from behind Doyle who was watching he ball not the man at his back. Defensively it was a shitshow by all, us, the ref, plus the long throw did steal a few yards.
I notice that their next throw from about the same position, Tozer went further off the pitch through a gate so he could have a longer run up. Pep looked like he was telling Bernardo to stand in the way of the gate to block his monster run up (he obviously had no idea what Pep said because he didn't)

Did you notice as the throw came in, Mendy took two steps backwards so had no chance of getting to the ball once it had cleared the front post
Truly dreadful defending

the throw in was poorly defended by all the city players and tommy doyle turned off and let may run free to tap it in
not just mendy's fault and a easy target. ok tommy doyle is a young lad and will have to learn that even in a blink of a eye at any level the striker will sniff out a chance

Nah, I see a lot more people saying Peps managed Foden perfectly than the opposite in the media. It was some city fans and pundits calling for him to be played more as much as anyone else.
I see the media saying that (now)
I saw them saying "loan" a lot last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.