Chess

Chess is a brilliant game,keep meaning to get back into playing it. Theres lots of local clubs about and they'll welcome any standard of player.
Another good thing about chess is women cant grasp it,its a man thing,the battle !!!!!!!

Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
Absolutely brilliant game. Genius game.

The trick is to play someone on the same level as you. So if you're a beginner, play a beginner after you have learnt how to play it off a good player. You then won't be hammered and you can learn moves, tactics, offense and attack etc together, and make the same mistakes etc without a pro kicking your arse.

Once you get the hang of it, it truely is an immense game and will keep you hooked for hours.

It's always better to sit and play it with someone in real life, not on a computer. You can read each other reactions, watch eye movement and feel the atmosphere, chat and discuss things.

To find a female who can play chess, for me is extremely sexy and satisfying haha.

^
This bloke is a total Thundergeek when it comes to chess.

So frustrating when as a nine year old he fucking kills you hands down.

Blue Lloyd said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
Absolutely brilliant game. Genius game.

The trick is to play someone on the same level as you. So if you're a beginner, play a beginner after you have learnt how to play it off a good player. You then won't be hammered and you can learn moves, tactics, offense and attack etc together, and make the same mistakes etc without a pro kicking your arse.

Once you get the hang of it, it truely is an immense game and will keep you hooked for hours.

It's always better to sit and play it with someone in real life, not on a computer. You can read each other reactions, watch eye movement and feel the atmosphere, chat and discuss things.

To find a female who can play chess, for me is extremely sexy and satisfying haha.

^
This bloke is a total Thundergeek when it comes to chess.

So frustrating when as a nine year old he fucking kills you hands down.

Hahaha, cheers mate!!

But it's not fair when i play a nine year olds!

You've got a brain there Lloyd for games like this! A bit of practice and you'd be as good as me and your Dad!

I might take a chess board to Camp America, teach the young yanks, and for my travels afterwards. Long journeys on coaches and trains and invite travelers to join me in a game to pass the time....hmmmm, what a good idea, hahaha.

my dads just given me a glass set that he was gonna throw out...gonna bang it on the coffee table and try and learn it

I think if you wanted to improve, a trip to the library and a couple of basic books might help your game considerably.

If you prefer a game with a little more luck in it, try backgammon.

I'll play you at either next time I'm in town....

;o))

The best way to improve is to join a local chess club and all of them have people of all levels to play with on club night .They have internal comps /leagues a person can play in should they wish .Once a person improves they will be picked to play for the club as again most have up to 4 teams. There are also chess congresses all over the country taking in 1 day events which is normally quick play ..where you play around 5 players in a day timed for all the moves to be made in say 30 mnutes .The winners pick up money prizes or TVs etc.

You can also play postal chess with players all over the world ..details of which will be found via google under postal chess .

I played for Macclesfield and Cheshire and won numerious events all over the country ..so good luck to everyone interested in the game.

I'm a member of a website called RedHotPawn.com. You can either be a guest and have a maximum of 10 games at once or pay a small annual fee (think it's about £15) and have unlimited games. You can challenge anyone, or enter tournaments etc, players are given a ranking based on their ability, you start at 1200 and either go up or down based on you results. I'm struggling at the moment, been 'timed out' of a few games (opponent claimed wins because I haven't played a move soon enough, due to other commitments) so I'm only on 1275!! I normally hang around the 1450 mark, which is slightly below average!! Anyone with a score over 2000 is REALLY good!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.