Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Great post as always fella. That "shirt sales" phrase has irritated me for years, and your "hit parade" comparison is perfect. Shirts make hardly any money. Broadcasting football is of course where the money is now, and will be more and more and more. I remember talking to someone who knows football about the time of the takeover, and questioning exactly how much more money football can make, and his answer was "Trust me, when you have tens of millions of Asians paying £50 for a season ticket to watch their English club on the internet, you'll see real money in the game. The current stuff is pin money".

I think this is what we are seeing realised before our eyes, small step by small step. And this is part of it. China is fucking massive. And is getting fucking rich.

Almost a fifth of the world's population - that's one hell of a, largely, untapped market.

sorry, i might go slightly against the grain here, but this doesn't sit very easy with me, football just aint what it was.

(yes yes, its a global business etc, i know)
Aye how i yearn for that Kippax asbestos roof,crumbling terraces,shithole khazis,bovril and smax,greenhall whitley bitter,being herded about like animals and being battered by the south yorkshire police and Tony Cunningham missing 3 yard sitters.

sorry, i might go slightly against the grain here, but this doesn't sit very easy with me, football just aint what it was.

(yes yes, its a global business etc, i know)
Console yourself with the thought that it was the G14 that made football that way and we've now outflanked them completely off the field and I'm sure that in the next few years we'll grind them into the dust on the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.