Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Sky have just had someone on sky sports news who's put a bit of a downer on it for us. It's all about China bidding for a World Cup and they've only bought city(clueless fuckwit) to get the knowledge to do this

I think the best reaction to the news from an opposition fan is this from GOT.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thick rag in my local is made up telling everyone that'll listen the "arabs" are pulling out because the price of oil is plummeting! They really are arrogant stupid bastards aren't they?

Sky have just had someone on sky sports news who's put a bit of a downer on it for us. It's all about China bidding for a World Cup and they've only bought city(clueless fuckwit) to get the knowledge to do this

Hang on! We're going to teach the Chinese how to bid for the World Cup! Errrr? That's down to our national football association and England have been less than impressive on that front these last 50 years, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't China host the Olympics in 2008?

China built 70 new airports in the last ten years alone! They could knock out stadiums in no time, hotels, you name it. They don't want to just host it, they want to win it.

The Chinese Rag Massive are not happy....

stairs3.gif

Last edited:
I am reliably informed that 500 pounds of the total investment is to buy jrb a camera upgrade for the collar site.

I'm already in training, mate! :-)

camera-china.jpg

On a serious note!

"We sign Xi Jingping, you sign Mister Potato!"

2DB2F7AC00000578-3286310-image-a-8_1445606202207.jpg

mp_mu_thumb.jpg

Incidentally this deal values MCFC at approx £2,000m OR £1,805m more than Sheikh Mansour paid for it and £1,300m more than he has invested in the club.
Who says it wasn't a great business opportunity for him?

This deal values City Football Group at £2bn/$3bn ie includes NYCFC, Melbourne, Yokohama stake and all the other commercial enterprises under the CFG umbrella. MCFC may be the jewel in the crown, but it hasn't been specifically valued as part of this deal.

Just read the article. Wow. Our investor is state owned. And the Chinese government has a mandate to spend hundreds of billions on sports by 2025. That means silly, silly levels of money like we've never seen before. If China does one thing better than anyone else, it's throw away money on mega projects.

We have the financial backing of the Chinese government now. Go for Messi.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

Thick rag in my local is made up telling everyone that'll listen the "arabs" are pulling out because the price of oil is plummeting! They really are arrogant stupid bastards aren't they?
If the price of oil dropped to £0per barrel the Sheik would still have the (already received ) odd $billion behind the sofa.

Beautiful scenes.

We now control the platform with every commercial deal we make from this day forward, based on the valuation now put on the CFG.

I don't think anyone can comprehend the levels of sponsorship money which will now flood directly into club coffers, Chinese, or otherwise.

Our rivals tap up companies.

We tap up countries.

That's the difference.

Think about the possibilities for the leisure destination, the building of more Real Estate, and the ease of which someone like Lionel Messi could have his wages pretty much covered by a Chinese link-up.

We became the biggest football club in the world today.

Aha so this was what you were referring to in Messi thread! Side investment from abroad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.