Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

The rag cafe thread is an absolute classic (I know and understand that we are not supposed to be preoccupied with our local rivals but sometimes its hard to resist). Given time, their threads about size/importance/influence of a football club always, without fail, regress into: 'I have never seen a City shirt in......Nairobi/Shanghai/Tipperary'. Is there a psychological term to describe their need to be attached to something important? Inadequatism perhaps? Some of them seem to have a more balanced view but get completely ignored. Do I smell fear, denial or just plain ignorance?

I am absolutely disgusted in this deal, not only are we run by oil bullies, we now have the worst country in the world on human rights and democracy on board, what's next for my club yanks who rob us blind and take all they can. I'm in the process of ripping up my season ticket, but I'm just thinking on my feet here, what if this works eerrrrm might just see what happens.

I am absolutely disgusted in this deal, not only are we run by oil bullies, we now have the worst country in the world on human rights and democracy on board, what's next for my club yanks who rob us blind and take all they can. I'm in the process of ripping up my season ticket, but I'm just thinking on my feet here, what if this works eerrrrm might just see what happens.
I'm not a professional thief. But, in the best interest of living up to the American corporate raider mentality, l'll exploit you to the best of my ability.

That's just based on City's accounts, not CFG. The MMM uses stadium utilisation & wage/turnover ratios as part of its calculation so you can only really apply it at club level. I'd guess City represents the vast majority of the CFG value though.

The calculation is as follows for anyone interested:

(Revenue + Net Assets) * ((Net Profit + Revenue)/Revenue) * Stadium utilisation % / Wage-to-turnover ratio

Revenue was £352m
Net Assets were £753m
Net Profit was £11m
Stadium utilisation was 98%
Wage-to-turnover ratio was 55%

So (with all figures in £m) that's (352+753) * ((11+352)/352) which gives 1140.

1140 * .98 = 1117

1117/.55 = 2030, meaning our MMM value is £2.03bn

Sale of a 13% stake for £265m gives a total value of £2.04bn.

What's £10 million between the super rich eh?

Just caught up with this news - WoW!. So the CFG is billion not million as I first read. I am about to read the whole thread to see what effect it might have on MCFC.

***The agreement will see the consortium of CMC Holdings and CITIC Capital invest US$400 million to take a shareholding in City Football Group of just over 13%. The deal values the group at US$3 billion.

The agreement is subject to regulatory approval in some territories.***

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.