Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Just wonderful news 2day regarding this new investment! 13% a small percentage to sell that will be far outweighed by the enormous financial benefit we will get breaking into the chinese market! We will be plastered all over tv in China, maybe another CFG club in China? Who knows wat all can of sponsorships and deals can be done now!!!!!!!

I was wondering why the new training ground hadn't attracted a separate sponsor, perhaps we were waiting for this deal and one will be announced in the coming weeks/months.
Every time they come up with a jibe to put us down we end up ramming it back down their throats. I can't wait for Gill to choke on his "they'll never be as big as us in Asia" comment. If I was Mr T I'd pity the fool, but I'm not, so I'll laugh at the **** instead.

Haha

Without me reading 51 pages, can someone please summarise in simple terms exactly what's happened, what it means, and what impact this will have?
Adu Dhabi United Group no longer have a 100% stake in City Football Group (the entity which owns and operates MCFC, NYCFC, MeCFC and has a small stake in Yokohama F-Marinos as well as the academies in Ghana, etc.) An investment group that is operated by the Chinese government now owns 13% of City Football Group. They will be providing CFG with a cash infusion that will be used to improve City's foothold in the Chinese market. It's expected there will be a club that is purchased with these funds either as a joint-venture or as a full takeover.

It won't have much impact on MCFC on the pitch or anything, but it will help MCFC's global reach, particularly in China.

Excellent bit of business done today, really puts us right up there in terms of advertising and sponsorship dosh. Today we have literally been put among the levels of your Real Madrid, Barca and bayern etc in terms of power.

Good investment if you ask me.

Without me reading 51 pages, can someone please summarise in simple terms exactly what's happened, what it means, and what impact this will have?
China now own 13% of City Group.
We needed the deal to enter Chinese market.
We get £250M
New badge has a Panda on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.