Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

I doubt very much that we have 75 million "fans" in China. Well not fans in the sense we class them, but if we're using the same criteria that United as a club use when tediously claiming to have 659 million fans worldwide every time a poxy new sponsorship deal is announced then we may well have 75 million people in China who "follow" City in some form or other. Remember that when we were utter dog shit and Sun Jihai was playing for us, hundreds of millions of people in China would tune into our games, just as they did with Everton games when Li Tie signed for them. We have 8.1 million followers on the Chinese social media platform Weibo and United have 8.6 million, yet United claim to have 108 million fans in China. Using those Weibo figures on a pro rata basis, it could be argued that 75 million City fans is actually a conservative estimate so what that City fan is saying on Rag Cafe might not be so daft after all.

I don't know about the numbers, M18, but suspect they are spurious all round. My point is that arguing who has more Chinese plastics than the other displays nitshit thinking. We laugh at their claims, then try to outdo them.

You got the wrong end of the stick bud. I never mentioned a city club in south America. That would probably only work if they bought a lower league club begging for investment. I was talking about a similar deal to the Chinese. Media and capital for shares & territorial rights.

I'm not wishing to cause an argument with you mate, but I think it's you that got the wrong end of the stick. My original post was about a South American 'City' franchise not being viable according to Sorriano in his book. You replied saying I was being condescending.

I don't know about the numbers, M18, but suspect they are all spurious. My point is that arguing who has more Chinese plastics than the other displays nitshit thinking. We laugh at their claims, then try to outdo them.

Yeah, I agree about the last bit - I said earlier that I don't give a shit about how many fans we have in China (or anywhere else for that matter) and I won't get involved in any dick waving about numbers of fans even if we had more than them. I was just trying to explain how that 75 million figure may have come about (also note my point that many of them are probably "followers" as opposed to "fans") and that any Rags scoffing at it would do well to take their blinkers off.

Yeah, I agree about the last bit - I said earlier that I don't give a shit about how many fans we have in China (or anywhere else for that matter) and I won't get involved in any dick waving about numbers of fans even if we had more than them. I was just trying to explain how that 75 million figure may have come about (also note my point that many of them are probably "followers" as opposed to "fans") and that any Rags scoffing at it would do well to take their blinkers off.

Fair enough, mate. I won't engage in any dick waving either but maybe for more, erm, personal reasons ...

:-(

Mate, you've got that all wrong. The Chinese President went along to City by mistake, and what he really wanted was a tour of Old Toilet. Said so on the BBC!
I tell you what mate, I never click on any link to Sad Café but last night I made an exception. The knuckle dragging plebs are in the main delusional and are in denial about what's right in front of them. Its like that famous scene in Monty Python where the Black Knight has had his arms and one leg chopped off and reckons 'They're just mere flesh wounds' whilst he's hopping about on his last remaining limb still wanting to carry on the scrap. Yes, ManUre may have the ear of the corrupt officials running UEFA & FIFA but the men who run the planet are our mates and they refuse to acknowledge the magnitude of this deal and what it means in reality.

'It's another ffp dodge', 'Doesn't matter how much money they've got, they'll never be as big as us which is illustrated by the fact that they can't fill the Emptihad', 'If City are worth £2bn, we must be worth £10bn'! The delusion just goes on mate.

To top it all, the use of the word MASSIVE really seems to annoy them for some unbeknown reason. If you're unlucky enough to be within punching range of a Rag, be warned don't say the is a super MASSIVE deal or anything with the word MASSIVE in it for fear of getting lamped! :-)

imagine that interview on skysports news.

sky sports news headline's

khaldoon looks a goon in his white arab festoon,vote now would you wear an Arab dress to the match :)
It's quite telling that this interview happened on the international (and fairly unbiased) cnn, rather than any uk media outlet.
It's a shame... From a uk resident point of view... But completely understandable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.