Chinese OSCs, Shenzhen Blues + Sun Jihai + Shenzhen Peng City FC

13418870_1733790206891702_2454982897166752942_n.jpg

13428355_1733791846891538_6797254598859064473_n.jpg

Was thinking of going to these games but those ticket prices are an absolute rip-off !!!!

I totally agree with you. This last week some young fans I know, 2nd generations of the Sun Jihai following City fans in China, decided following our Premier League team was too much. They now have switched to just watching on TV. Since the annoucement that City would come to China, there has been great anticipation. I have yet to meet anyone excited anymore. Nobody wnats to pay European Cup final prices for what could potentially be City's EDS and a few first-teamers (excluding those at Euros and Copa America). Regardless of that, if it was the first team, it is still astroniomical and a great shame for real football fans, or potential future City fans.

A team Guangzhou R&F (I interviewed a few fans recently) were going to send an official fans' club over to watch the game and play in a supporters' tournament. They are a down to Earth bunch. They have pulled out of watching the game and playing in a supporters' tournament. Several fans from Guangzhou Evergrande (the kind of ManUre of China) also said the same. I play football in and around the city of Dongguan and I often hear the phrase, 天价重金 昂贵 tiān jià zhòng jīn áng guì (sky high/huge money/very expensive/costly).

The ICC China edition may have thought they could tap the market here, and I guarantee stadiums will be full (I suspect touts and hawkers will sell far lower priced tickets) BUT do the organisers and clubs want cold hard cash or lifelong connections to a distant piece of proper football? I suspect it is the typical hunger to get rich now and not do the Japanese-style, "invest now, seek rewards later" method.

I was going to stay in China for the games and take a month's holiday in August in the U.K. Now I am close to flying in two weeks after my job. If I pay for those tickets, I am part of the problem. I can't be supporting those prices.

Man City bosses plot further expansion as Khaldoon Al Mubarak assures fans over future

"We have great partners in CMC.

"They come from China and China is a huge market for us with tremendous potential and value long term as a club financially, commercially, and potentially having a club there in the future. We have a lot of aspirations in China that benefit Manchester City and City Football Group. Having a first class partner as CMC to be a committed partner within our organisation is something that can only add value. At the end of the day we have a great partner. They've come in and put real money into this club and group. They add value in terms of opening up markets, the commercial value for us. While we never had any intention to sell, when we saw real value in the long term business of what we're trying to create we were happy to partner with them. They are a minority shareholder. I don't anticipate us selling any further. Under 20 per cent is something that is acceptable and good for a minority shareholder and for us we are committed as ever to continue to grow this business."

Last edited:
Bet you can't guess how long it took me to figure out how to post a piccy on Bluemoon?

Had a brief word with her indoors, she says yes, the tickets are expensive, but only once in four years? All I have to do is stay off the 'pop' for a few days...

Anyone see the report of Chinese group buying yaya and loaning back to inter to stay within ffp. That would be a very interesting development and hopefully completely ruled to be cheating. However if it isn't money will be even less of an issue, messi to city via nycfc.

Anyone see the report of Chinese group buying yaya and loaning back to inter to stay within ffp. That would be a very interesting development and hopefully completely ruled to be cheating. However if it isn't money will be even less of an issue, messi to city via nycfc.

That's work around the difference in season's running here. Clubs in China have limited windows to sign their limited numbers of foreigners.

The US in 7-10 years. China in 10-20.

Japan was fast on the scene; South Korea too. China is a fast-pushing nation, with football already filtering into schools and multiple training centre expansion projects opening every month. They will throw time and effort at it. The US did well in recent years, but China has less red tape, a populous and easy to tap disciplined youthful sporting society. As a fan of football, you can see China exploiting the markets and buying talent, investing in links and coaching. City's Academy coaches were in Dongguan last week (a city between Shenzhen and Guangzhou).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.