Cholesterol

paphos-mcfc

Just recently had an MOT and my blood test results said my cholesterol was through the roof. Gutted, no more souvlaki or gyros for me. Will have to stop dodging the salads now i'm afraid.

stonerblue said:
"My cholestrol is now 4.9.."

4.9 what ??

Cholesterol is measured in units called millimoles per litre of blood "mmol/litre" or "mmol/l".

below 5 is OK above 5 is less good above 6 is bad

nimrod said:
stonerblue said:
"My cholestrol is now 4.9.."

4.9 what ??

Cholesterol is measured in units called millimoles per litre of blood "mmol/litre" or "mmol/l".

below 5 is OK above 5 is less good above 6 is bad

haha sorry for laughing paphos mate but if the average is 5 and you are 160 you must be walking around like a big stick of full fat butter wrapped in a shawl of bacon

even if less than 5,remember that smoking will still cause blockages..Mine was 4.something and I still had a heart attack 6 weeks ago.The nicotine makes the cholesterol stick together easier or something.So that is something to watch if you smoke.Oh and I;m only in my 40;s..

i8therags said:
even if less than 5,remember that smoking will still cause blockages..Mine was 4.something and I still had a heart attack 6 weeks ago.The nicotine makes the cholesterol stick together easier or something.So that is something to watch if you smoke.Oh and I;m only in my 40;s..

Jaysus.. sorry to hear it. Look after yourself, your health is your wealth

sdavros said:
i8therags said:

Jaysus.. sorry to hear it. Look after yourself, your health is your wealth
cheers.no worries now.had stent fitted and now off fags,good as new.certainly feel fitter than I have for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.