Cholesterol

i8therags said:
sdavros said:
Jaysus.. sorry to hear it. Look after yourself, your health is your wealth
cheers.no worries now.had stent fitted and now off fags,good as new.certainly feel fitter than I have for years.

good man, keep it up. I still smoke, I delude myself that I can give them up easily when I want to. I never seem to want to though.

Bit of a stupid question here and don't answer if you don't want, but how much did the banger rock you on your heels? How long were you laid up for etc?

sdavros said:
i8therags said:
cheers.no worries now.had stent fitted and now off fags,good as new.certainly feel fitter than I have for years.

good man, keep it up. I still smoke, I delude myself that I can give them up easily when I want to. I never seem to want to though.

Bit of a stupid question here and don't answer if you don't want, but how much did the banger rock you on your heels? How long were you laid up for etc?
Not long.A new prosedure in Manchester at wythenshaw.The medics pick you up and vertually identifie where they think the blockage in the heart may be.The theatre is up and ready for your arrival,and the minor op is done having this stent [mesh that opens up blockage]is fitted in about 1hr,this reduces heart damage[if any].2hr from start of attack to being sorted.I was ready for the off and expected to be going home that moment.that is how good I felt.But they kept me in 4 days to monitor.

What are the symptoms of high cholesterol?? Could it be a tight/weak chest - had it for about a year. Its always there and pretty constant but now and again is a bit worse. I smoked from 16 up until 3 months ago, now 29

i hate to think what mine is. i eat curry a lot and drink and smoke. the only excercise i get is warbling down a mic.

paphos-mcfc said:
aphex said:
i hate to think what mine is. i eat curry a lot and drink and smoke. the only excercise i get is warbling down a mic.

Go for a test mate. Better to be safe than sorry.

but i dont want to!!! :-(

People are healthier than ever and living longer than ever. Things like cholesterol tests are just a way for the NHS to drum up business for itself because they don't get enough ill people from other causes.

urmston said:
People are healthier than ever and living longer than ever. Things like cholesterol tests are just a way for the NHS to drum up business for itself because they don't get enough ill people from other causes.

How many people suffer from heart attacks every year Urmston? I'm sure the NHS would rather spend money on prevention ( ie tests ) than waiting to treat people with heart surgery and expensive beta blockers m8.

urmston said:
I take it you're joking right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.