Cholesterol

urmston said:
People are healthier than ever and living longer than ever. Things like cholesterol tests are just a way for the NHS to drum up business for itself because they don't get enough ill people from other causes.

i'm sure they do more harm than good and our banger sufferers are glad of the facility..

you'll get a reaction out of this one urmston lad

johnmc said:
What are the symptoms of high cholesterol?? Could it be a tight/weak chest - had it for about a year. Its always there and pretty constant but now and again is a bit worse. I smoked from 16 up until 3 months ago, now 29
pm sent

urmston said:
People are healthier than ever and living longer than ever. Things like cholesterol tests are just a way for the NHS to drum up business for itself because they don't get enough ill people from other causes.

I'm not convinced about that 'Urmston'.

Just another piece of Government bullshit if you ask me , to mislead the rest of the population for whatever reasons ...... i've had five close friends all die in the last two years ..... not one of them lived to draw his pension , and all were between 50-60 years of age.

I'm throwing my hat in with i8therags on this subject. For the record 49 smoked 40 per day, double figure pint man most days and I loved my fatty foods.Well let me tell you all morphine is fucking ace but life is much better. 4 stents in 3 arteries off the fags for a year, better diet and booze content cut and 3 days a week in the gym I feel miles better and have lost a couple of stone in the process.Not every one gets a second chance and to think this season I,ll be in the east stand having a ball,better than six feet under.I am not trying to preach as i was aware of what my life style could cause but we all turn a blind eye. Fact once those arterys are blocked they can not be cleaned out. Hoping to see 80 all the best big gaz

urmston said:

Whilst i admire your scepticism i think, in the case of cholestorol, you're a bit off the mark on this one.
For the real 'health' bullshit take a look here. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.badscience.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.badscience.net</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.