choose three former City players...

Curle and Phelan weren't that good. A shocking choice

Considering how poor City have been over the last 35 years it's next to impossible to find a player who could improve the current squad.

Even Ali Benarbia was past his best when he came here. Steve Mcmahon and Peter Reid were outstanding players in their era, but way past their best when we signed them.

The only player I can think of was Trevor Francis. He transformed an ordinary team, and for a brief time it looked like we might challenge for the title - however he was always injured.

Colin Henry next to vinny would be good.
Elano never should have been sold.
George weah or fowler at their peak

Obviously it's all about the era you watched City so can't really include Meredith, Doherty, Revie et al as I never saw them play

here's my selection

Hart

Richards Kompany Watson Zabs

deJong Yaya

Tueart Bell Silva

Tevez

Tueart was a favourite of many in the late 70s.

But was he a great player? Just a little bit short of that. We had many good players in that 70's team eg Hartford, Owen and Barnes but none that I can think of went on elsewhere to win trophies or do anything special elsewhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.