Chris hughton sacked

All this be careful what you wish for stuff... Was anyone opposed to Stuart Pearce getting the boot at City? He kept us up with a poor squad after all.
Stuart Pearce is the ONLY City manager EVER to keep City up once City were in a relegation slot at Easter. So yes he did something special.
Glad we got shot though as the football fayre was bloody awful.
That said without staying up we wouldn't have got Dr Toxic and that ultimately led to Sheikh Mansour (all thanks, praise and honour be upon him) so in retrospect I am glad we had Stuart Pearce as manager.

Last edited:
Rumours the owner if going after Rafa and giving him some financial backing, if not they have just committed suicide Hughton is a great man shame to see him get sacked.

Staggering, he's kept Brighton up for 2 seasons with a minimum amount of money to spend. Then again they have been showing relegation form for the last 4 months. It's only acceptable to sack him if they get a good manager in exchange as well as opening the Kitty to splash some cash.

Seems potter at Swansea is who they want. Re hughton he is a really decent guy but his style of football is atrocious. I think they have managed 1 away win this season and their form since Christmas has been shocking something like 3 wins in 24. For sure the right decision they where certs for relegation next season imo. They have some good players in andone, bissouma and izquierdo all of whom have been out of favour as hughton favoured the defensive approach

This all day long.

Seems like a really nice guy, but that's not what he gets paid for. Should they wait to get relegated to get rid? He has clearly taken them as far as he can, and after a few years in the prem they must be able to spend. Get somebody else in now, give them the summer. It's the only thing that makes sense.
If they keep him they're asking to get relegated. You can only ask that so many times before it happens so may as well take the chance of asking somebody else to move them on and see what happens. Unlikely the result will be any worse than keeping him, as harsh as that may seem.

Bit surprising but managers tend to have a level that they can't go above. Pulis, Bruce, Holloway, Warnock and others haven't been able to get their teams to stay in the PL or get to a decent points haul. The problem is that you've got to be sure you're getting a replacement who is better.

Seems like a pretty well thought out and sensible decision. They have been absolutely awful for the second half of the season, only stayed up because the three below them were even worse. They've spent quite a bit of cash and I suspect they're looking for more than survival, he's done a great job getting them up and keeping them there but sometimes it's time to move on.

I agreed with most of this, except the timing and crass statement by the chairmen seemingly reactionary from yesterday. Its almost like hes pissed off his Liverpool betting syndicates didn't come in for him. A mutual consent departure in a few days, taken the club as way as he can type statement would have be a fairer acknowledgement of what hes achieved for them, he didn't just get them promoted he stopped them getting relegated to league 1 first.

I agreed with most of this, except the timing and crass statement by the chairmen seemingly reactionary from yesterday. Its almost like hes pissed off his Liverpool betting syndicates didn't come in for him. A mutual consent departure in a few days, taken the club as way as he can type statement would have be a fairer acknowledgement of what hes achieved for them, he didn't just get them promoted he stopped them getting relegated to league 1 first.

I don't think it's classier or nicer to leave it any longer, surely being upfront about it is the best thing to do? The decision will have been taken a while ago and they've acted swiftly to make sure the club can recruit a manager to take them to the next level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.